Week 87, Just before the Trial: Necessary Preparations

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Week 87, Just before the Trial: Necessary Preparations

Post  Silvia Tsukuda on Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:33 am

Silvia's head jerked up to look at Hugo, surprise written across her features and combined with a number of other, far more complicated, expressions.

"I...uh...wh...why?"
Silvia Tsukuda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:38 am

Hugo waited for a moment, and moved his hand to Silvia's arm. His fingers gently squeezed her bare skin, as one would feel for muscles. "Being strong.. You have to be strong. Not just here, but... You need to tell me when I am doing something you don't like. It's.. it's very important." His voice was gentle, and.. sad. His brows furrowed. "You would go to war in a heartbeat. You would, will, find cultists just to help your brother... You are strong... But you can't tell me you don't like something? I could have... I, what if... No, we can't be together. I'm sorry, Silvia." His words sounded more determined as he spoke, but the sadness, the hurt remained.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda on Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:53 am

"But...I..." Silvia's expression was moving into one of confusion - though there wasn't currently any grief showing. She didn't move her body, though, seeming to freeze in place as though she were trying to stay hidden. "I don't...I told you it wasn't what I...would choose, but for you I would...be willing to put that aside. That...that's how this works. Relationships. You...you do something you wouldn't...wouldn't choose. For someone else. Because you care. Whether that's you and me, or me and Yuki or...or me and Oracle."
Silvia Tsukuda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:59 am

"I know about compromises. I gave up the best job I thought I could ever get to keep Una safe. But it was.. It's a.. We talked about it. It wasn't just a one way thing." Hugo relaxed a little, moving slightly closer to Silvia. "Doing something without talking, that's like.. obedience or some motherfucking thing like that. And then, I don't know, but like... You don't need to do something you don't like. Ever. You don't, with me. But you were going to do it anyway and not.. talk about it. And that's.. I can't. I don't want to have that kind of relationship with you. I don't want to be with you what you and Oracle are. I don't like it. And if you can't, then I won't." Hugo, master of eloquence, relaxed slightly, despite the rising stress in his words. But if she was going to compare him to Oracle, well, he must be making the right choice.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda on Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:10 am

The confusion wasn't going away, but Silvia did at least move now, even if it was only to shift somewhat uncomfortably from side to side and look away from Hugo again. "I...Hugo...sometimes...sometimes, I just don't...understand you. Do you mean that you want me to disagree with you? Or that...that we should always want exactly the same thing? That...that's only ever going to work with Una." She turned her gaze back to Hugo, and he could see that the confusion was beginning to disappear and be replaced by sadness - but not the shocked grief you might expect. More like...regret.

"Maybe...maybe you're right. Maybe this...isn't a good idea. We...I don't think we...we're looking for the same things."
Silvia Tsukuda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:20 am

"I'd rather fight than.. pretend we want exactly the same things. Even Una and I aren't that in sync. No one is. Not even Coraline and I, and we have a lot in common." He sighed hugely, and seemed to be thinking, unaware if his words would have any effect. "I.. love you. I want to keep you safe and make you happy. But keeping you safe means maybe knowing when you can't be with me. And..." He took a deep breath before continuing, his voice dropping a little, sad and full of loss and nostalgia. "Before AMS, all I could think about was guns. And when I found Una, it was like a thunderstorm cleared. Like I could think, and I wanted to keep her happy and secure, and maybe.. Find us love, and a family, friends. Have a lot of fun. And Oracle was good. But now... I want something else. And if the trial goes well, I.. could get it."

The massive agent sighed, and looked down at Silvia. "..I don't know what you want. But I know I can't be there, if you think we need to agree all the time."
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:01 pm

"I...I don't really...know what you want either," Silvia replied, with that awkward half-shrug of hers. "But I...I just want to...to do what I can for Oracle. And my family. And those I...care about." She dropped her gaze again, unable to meet Hugo's eyes.

"Which...uh...means you. I mean, Fenris and Coraline and Shinobu and the rest as well. But...mostly you. Whatever...however we define it. And I can't stop that. But...maybe what we have at the moment...isn't working."
Silvia Tsukuda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 pm

"You think we need to agree all the time, picara. Or, you wouldn't tell me what you want." He frowned slightly, and looked at the ceiling. He seemed a little uncomfortable looked at Silvia. "I want to be a rockstar. Play music, change people with it. Make it real. I want to make a lot of friends, and being famous would be nice, and help with that, AND then I could help my friends, and do daring shit with Una for a lot of money... But, not worry about the UIG taking away what I have, or having a whole corporation wanna kill me, or worrying that being friends with me would put people at risk." He nodded and sighed, smiled, avoided more eye contact. He counted on his fingers until he ran out of digits. "And eat good food, drink, do drugs, meet other nukes, have a lot of sex, make sure Una gets a lot of fun and her needs met, and, I mean, for important things, take care of my family and Junseo and Coraline and Shinobu and you and everyone else... But I don't care about Oracle. I'm not part of that.. relationship."
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:49 pm

A mystified expression on her face, Silvia shook her head. "See, that doesn't...doesn't make any sense to me. How can you just...want so much for yourself? Have other people come second to...having a good time? Put yourself above the corporation?" The last was spoken not quite as though it were a blasphemy, but at least a minor heresy.

"I don't...our lives are going in different directions now. And have been since you decided to leave." She shrugged again, the regret back on her features. "Maybe I just...can't date anyone outside Oracle."
Silvia Tsukuda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:57 pm

Hugo pulled back, obviously wounded. His whole body was tense. He met Silvia's eyes, finally, and was.. upset. "I said, importantly. Taking care of people are important things. The only important things." He was no longer touching her, and after only a tiny pause, stood up. "No. You didn't know what I wanted, so I told you. And protecting people? I am leaving your precious Oracle to do just that. I have a father, brothers, an aunt, an uncle, cousins, a whole town. I have lots of people who could suffer if I so "unselfishly" stay with a corporation who gets on the wrong side of the UIG." He balled his hands and grit his teeth, still staring incredulously at Silvia. "Me, not wanting to date you, is because if you can't tell me when I am being too much, when I am doing something you don't want, it's not motherfucking safe for you. That's the motherfucking point." He continued to stand there, seething, but forced himself to look away.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda on Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:30 am

"So you plan to make your family safer by becoming some sort of famous...playboy?" There was a definite snap in Silvia's voice - an edge that Hugo had rarely heard before. He had obviously touched a nerve. "You think that will work any better? Leaving your corporation for the sake of your family I...I could understand. For the sake of someone else I could...could see why." She stood, in one violent motion. "But if you really wanted to keep your family safe, and nothing else, you wouldn't go and be a...a rockstar. Forcing everyone to look up to you like some puffed-up EI media whore. You would stop all of that and go and be with them. Like..."

She hesitated for a moment and then ground out the rest of the words. "Like I never got a chance to. That...that I could respect. That was...that was what you used to be. To me. Someone who would do that. Not...not someone who would get seduced by all of this." She gestured at Hugo's immaculate suit, at the richly decorated room - at their entire surroundings and lifestyle - and suddenly the anger seemed to drain out of her, leaving her tired and entirely out of place.
Silvia Tsukuda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:43 am

Hugo, too, seemed less angry as Silvia spoke, once again wincing as she dropped into Japanese. He uncurled his fingers. "...I've always wanted this, to be a rockstar." His voice sounded far more hurt than his body language would indicate, but maybe it was hard for such a huge man of muscle and cybernetics to seem vulnerable. He looked at the floor being shutting his eyes. "That's the me that was always here, I just spent a lot of times doing other stuff, with you, with Oracle. Now I'm leaving and I can have this, too."

His shoulders slumped. He ran a hand over his face. His eyes were still closed. "I try to be a good person, but I'm not a hero. I'm not some moral gunslinger from a Fed-mandated holoshow. I'm just a nuke with a gun who likes to have fun, and do try to keep people safe. I... Don't know who you think I am."
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:39 pm

"I...I don't know who I think you are, either," Silvia said, closing her eyes for a moment. "I...know who you say you are. And you're not like the people I used to know. And sometimes you act like someone I...thought I knew. Someone you were. And then sometimes...sometimes you don't. And...that's a problem. Because I just don't...understand."

She sighed and looked away, taking a couple of steps towards the door. "I...I should go. I mean...you have stuff for the trial that you need to sort out. I should let you...get on with that."
Silvia Tsukuda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:52 pm

The nuke's face twisted with confusion as Silvia discussed the known unknowns and unknown unknowns of Hugo, but his features relaxed as she finished talking. He opened his eyes. "If you don't want to talk anymore, I should go. I need to meet my legal team and..." He gave a weak look around the room, and shrugged with a shoulder. "If you want to get ready for the trial, if you're going to go, I won't be back. So..." He shrugged again. He shook his head, his whole mood much much lower than it was when Silvia entered. Disheartened, even. The massive agent grabbed his coat and turned to the door, pausing for a second.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:07 pm

"Okay, uh...I'll...see you at the trial, then," Silvia replied, not really able to meet Hugo's gaze. She stepped back to let Hugo at the door and watched as he left, part of her wanting to say something but the rest of her drowning it in hesitation and uncertainty. "Goodbye," she managed as he left. "I...it'll be fine. We've got the evidence."
Silvia Tsukuda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:10 pm

Hugo gave a vague nod to Silvia, and then opened the door. He looked back in the room. "Yeah, it'll be fine. I'm.. sure. I.. Yes, goodbye." He sounded almost formal. His gaze turned slightly, in a much sadder, worried voice he whispered "Te queiro," before promptly leaving. His biref admission of love, however, was to Una.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top