The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 86: So, about that impending potential doom...

2 posters

Go down

Week 86: So, about that impending potential doom... Empty Week 86: So, about that impending potential doom...

Post  Dani Potenza Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:56 pm

Dani sighed. For what felt like forever now, talking to Hugo just felt too awkward. First Silvia was around, and that was awkward because Silvia was a bitch and her relationship with Hugo was rough to be within a mile of. Then Silvia vanished, what with her family stuff in Taiwan, and that was awkward because if she spoke to Hugo he'd surely just mope over her being gone. Plus there was the whole "Hugo's about to go to trial and may die" angle that just made it hard to know how to talk to him. But she had to say something, really, because if he died it'd be pretty crappy of her to have just abandoned him like that, so she flicked through the contacts on her PDA and called him.

"Hey, Hugo? It's Dani. You... free to talk?"
Dani Potenza
Dani Potenza

Back to top Go down

Week 86: So, about that impending potential doom... Empty Re: Week 86: So, about that impending potential doom...

Post  Hugo Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:11 pm

Hugo picked up on his smeaker, his voice slightly muffled. "Yeah, gimmie a moment. I'm sorting some stuff out at the Playground." There was a second of silence, and then a sigh. His voice came through clearer, warmer. "Cortesana, how are you? Been a while."
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Week 86: So, about that impending potential doom... Empty Re: Week 86: So, about that impending potential doom...

Post  Dani Potenza Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:22 pm

"I'm... not doing great, to be honest, but I suppose I can't complain. How are you copi... doing, with everything going on?"
Dani Potenza
Dani Potenza

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:03 am

Hugo shrugged at the phone before sighing again. Dani couldn't see, so after a moment he said, "Okay. I've planned a lot, I think I'm ready. Only a few days now before we go. But everyone's been helping me, so... I'm not too worried. Just running out of things to do. You?" He sounded a little listless, and not his normal energetic self.
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:36 pm

"I have plenty going on right now, getting some investigation done. Wish I could be going in with you, but I know I'd blow your cover sooner or later. Is there anything I could do to help...?"
Dani Potenza
Dani Potenza

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:09 pm

"I think everything is okay. We got badges, clothes, a few ways to escape, Coraline's working on the AI block. It's good." He shrugged again. "It should be okay. I'm not that worried... What else are you up to?" There was hesitation in his voice to suggest he didn't really want to talk about the mission.
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:14 pm

"Been moving around a lot lately, looking into the profit movites behind EI's claim on Wall Street when I can. Hoping to find a good lead on a mission at the end of the rainbow, it's been a while and I really need the money." She sighed, collapsing down into a chair. "Not much else I can do right now."
Dani Potenza
Dani Potenza

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:01 am

"Need the money for what? Got any fun plans?" Hugo sounded a bit warm, but there was an undercurrent of exhaustion in his voice. "And there's always stuff to do."
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:13 pm

"Eh, not so much fun plans as... basics," Dani admitted reluctantly. "All the missions lately have needed a lot more subtlety than I'm used to, and the missions I have been on paid out little or nothing, so housing and shit has been a bit of a mess. Working on that though, not sleeping in the car any more and I'll be rolling in guns soon enough. In the meantime, I get to work with all the graphs and charts I can eat."
Dani Potenza
Dani Potenza

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:25 pm

"But you're in Oracle! You can't sleep in a car!" Hugo laughed a little, disbelief in his voice. "And besides, what about your cybernetics? You should eat like a CEO every day. That is what I do.. When I'm not stealing Shinobu's food." Another laugh. "Besides, what if Van Rosch only wants it to party? No one would pay for that."
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:04 pm

"Ah, but then we could get details of what kind of partying he wants it for and sell them to the tabloids. If nothing else, a solid analysis will help us understand why he's going this far, maybe predict or work around any future cyberlin challenges he makes. This is big EI business, follow the money and it all comes together, big scale and small," Dani replied, indignant at the suggestion she was wasting her time. "Some of us know we have to a long-term to plan for. My money's been all going on food, that's the thing. You're a dashing millionaire-agent-mascot, I'm a newbie with no assets making no money. You think it's not how Oracle should be? Do something about it or just shut up, okay?"
Dani Potenza
Dani Potenza

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:23 pm

"Whoah, cortensana, why so angry? You can always just ask us for money. Ask me! It's not like I can't give you some. And you better get it now in case I die, it's all going to Jun-seo and the rest of my family. And some other people. Ha ha." His laugh was only maybe 3% strained.
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:24 pm

Dani sighed. "Yeah, that'd look great, wouldn't it? Look at Dani, goes around talking about how good she is with money and then she can't even hold onto her own when there's big guns to be had. I know you wouldn't care, but I have a reputation to... establish." She paused for a moment, grumpy. "Although if you could spare a few credits, I'd be real grateful..."
Dani Potenza
Dani Potenza

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:01 pm

"Do you talk about how good you are with money? Mostly you just complain all the time." A bit of ribald jest, complete with completely unstrained laughter. "And everyone loves big guns. It would be.. remiss of you not to buy guns if you could by guns. I mean, really. Really. There." The conversation was interupted by a notification from Dani's phone. Hugo has transferred over 15,000 credits. "That enough, or..?"
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:23 pm

For a moment, Dani considered claiming she had other debts or expenses to get some more money out of Hugo, but... now wasn't the time. "Thanks, that makes a hell of a difference. Once all this mess is over, I'll find a way to pay you back, some kinda big surprise."
Dani Potenza
Dani Potenza

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:32 am

"Don't worry about it. We're friends, cortesana. Besides, if you want another of the Fed guns, just let me know the specs. My guy hasn't had an order for.. well, since the last time I got you anything." Hugo laughed again, low and slow. "And who knows when this mess will be over."
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down