Week 84: An Unexpected Meeting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Week 84: An Unexpected Meeting

Post  Silvia Tsukuda on Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:07 pm

Hugo's dojo was an excellent place to train - the giant Agent playscape provided a wonderful maze to practice moving around in quickly. Ever since the mission where she had had to climb around inside a cyberlin, Silvia had made sure that she kept her training on moving inside enclosed spaces up to date. Even if every minute of it felt close, threatening.

And then, suddenly, as she rounded a corner, there was a familiar face in front of her.

"...Khalid? What are you doing here? Er...other than...training, I mean."

Last edited by Silvia Tsukuda on Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silvia Tsukuda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 84: An Unexpected Meeting

Post  Khalid Nader on Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:19 pm

Khalid was dressed unusually causally, which for him means he lacked a top hat and cape over his silk shirt and suit trousers. The other interesting factor was that he was upside down, hanging from his toes, which were the base of a rope floor above the two agents. He appeared to have been practising walking upside down in this manner, for whatever reason. As Silvia spoke, he turned to face her, his feet changing positions as he did so, and sank/rose into an upside down bow, touching a hand to his forehead. "Agent Tsukuda, greetings."

A short flipping motion and he was standing up straight on the floor. "I had a moment of free time in the area, and I was curious to see Agent Zumisimo's training area. It has been quite interesting so far. How about yourself?"

Khalid Nader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda on Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:27 pm

Silvia didn't speak for a moment, her gaze focused on where Khalid had been, then tracking down to where he was now standing. Her mouth moved silently as she visibly tried to mentally reconstruct the manoeuvre that the other Agent had just made. After a moment's thought she realised what she was doing and reined herself in.

"Uh...I come here a lot. I...it's useful. For training - it does the...the right sort of training for me. Sparring and...unusual terrain. Enclosed spaces." She shivered a little at that last statement, glancing upwards. "So...uh...how have you been? I don't...don't think I've seen much of you since...since that mission."
Silvia Tsukuda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Khalid Nader on Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:34 pm

"Ah yes, that mission." said Khalid, slicking his hair back with one hand. "Quite exhilarating, don't you agree? Although I must admit it is a shame we did not get to properly duel that individual. Opponents of that calibre are difficult to find." His voice sounded almost disappointed.

Khalid Nader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda on Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:39 pm

Silvia tilted her head, her expression shifting into one of puzzlement. "Um...Khalid...you do realise that in a...a proper duel...we would have died? Quickly. All we were doing was buying time - maybe an extra ten, fifteen seconds or so for the others to get out." Her voice was lowered, even though she wasn't saying anything directly incriminating. "You do realise that, right?"
Silvia Tsukuda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Khalid Nader on Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:46 pm

Khalid looked rather surprised at this. "The gap between our skills is not nearly as large as you claim, agent Tsukuda. I had no intention of dying, or even losing when I entered the fray, particularly not after the damage already done to them by the rest of the team." His tone of voice and expression made it clear that as far as he was concerned, this was totally true.

Khalid Nader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda on Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:52 pm

Trying to find the right words to say, Silvia opened her mouth. She hesitated for a moment, thinking, and then shut it again. Then she seemed to make her mind up and opened it again, before apparently thinking better of what she was going to say and closing it again. Then, finally, she opened it and spoke.

"You...had no intention of losing? You...think you could have won?" These were genuine, if rather confused, questions. "You...do realise exactly what we were fighting against? I...I've seen you fight, Khalid. They would have...taken you apart. In seconds. We got lucky - stupidly lucky. By all rights, we should be dead now, and so should everybody else who was there, since they didn't run when they had the chance." There was a little more sting in that comment than might have been expected. "Seriously...we should be dead."
Silvia Tsukuda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top