The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 82, Friday: A Tour

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Week 82, Friday: A Tour - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 82, Friday: A Tour

Post  Mieko Masuda Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:59 pm

Carmen recognised the chess game that was being played in front of her with a quick search on the WDN. It was one of hundreds of games that had been deemed unwinnable by the various chess-playing algorithms; if both players played a perfect game it could only ever be a draw. The game that Mieko was playing was from a particular group of these games that were commonly used for thought exercises, chess practice and general A.I testing.

Once Fenris was done speaking over her the ethicist replied to Carmen's question. "I am available to answer any questions that arise about the legality and ethical nature of Oracle's actions. I am also partly responsible for liaising with the UIG about certain aspects of Oracle's management."
Mieko Masuda
Mieko Masuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Carmen Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:11 pm

Carmen looked again from Mieko to Fenris, before turning back to the chess board. Her voice, which was always cool, warmed up a little. "I am more than alright with.. Taking on the UIG." She turned to the German agent, and now she was actually smiling. "People die when ever they attempt to 'take on' a corporation. ANY corporation. The UIG is just.. bigger than most."

She shrugged. There was a bright twinkle in her eye. "What else do I need to know about being Oracle?"
Carmen
Carmen

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:36 pm

Fenris sighed. The Russian woman didn't seem to understand, but she would, and probably soon. But she'd tried, there wasn't much more she could do. Fenris just stood there, waiting for the meeting to be over, so they could continue the tour.
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  Mieko Masuda Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:51 pm

"Officially the UIG and Oracle are still close allies. To admit otherwise would be to acknowledge that Oracle has in its possession something that the UIG claims does not exist. It is likely that the UIG will take drastic action to retrieve its encryption system... which we of course do not have... Because it does not exist... But if it did... Well I am sure you understand by now Agent Carmen."

Mieko picked up a bishop from the board, thought about it for a moment, and then put it back down again.
Mieko Masuda
Mieko Masuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Carmen Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:01 pm

The word 'encryption' visibly interested the self-confessed hacker, but she nodded along with Mieko's words. "Surely pretending to be an ally with Oracle is better than openly declaring it terrorists. Unlike some corporations. Mm, hmm, oh well." She seemed slightly amused at something, and shook her head. "What kind of encryption?"
Carmen
Carmen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mieko Masuda Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:00 pm

"Archon-pattern tech encryption. I believe it uses subspace to create multidimensional quantum interface connections, though no one but the Archons truely know how it works. It is very secure."

Mieko continued to avoid making eye contact with anyone as she spoke and considered her next (and still first) move.
Mieko Masuda
Mieko Masuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Carmen Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:16 pm

Carmen's expression got glassy, and she stood up hurriedly, too hurriedly, after Mieko spoke. Her eyes were wide. (Fail lying and acting by one.) She held her tongue, though, and gave a little nod. She seemed almost giddy. "Ah, well, ah. Yes. Of course it is." She moved away from the chair, holding her hat to her chest. She gave a little look to Fenris. "Oh, well. I am sure I will be able to read.. what, the, the briefings, yes? Um.. Shall we go?"
Carmen
Carmen

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:36 pm

Fenris pushed off from the wall, Mieko had been about as forthcoming as she had expected, so there was no real reason to stay. "Yeah, I suppose we can, if there's nothing else you want to know." As she was heading out of the office, Fenriss thought of her own question for the Japanese woman. "If you have any idea of what we need to do next to actually use that encryption, please could you let us know? We might stand a better chance of getting out alive if we have more than two days to prepare."
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  Mieko Masuda Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:18 pm

Mieko replied curtly but politely. "I will try."
Mieko Masuda
Mieko Masuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Carmen Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:45 pm

Back in the hallway, Carmen seemed a little stunned. In her own world. She ran her hand around the brim of her hat, not putting it on or focusing much on anything. She realized after a few steps she had nowhere to go, or at least didn't know what she was doing, so she stopped and blinked. The average sized, average looking, very un-augmented seeming woman was, at best, overwhelmed.
Carmen
Carmen

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:03 pm

Fenris gave the "ethicist" a nod of acknowledgement as she left, just about managing to avoid walking into the back of Carmen, not realizing that she had stopped in her tracks. "Carmen? Are you ok? There's more to see down here, come on." With that she set off down the corridor, and by the time the Russian woman caught up, they were outside the Room.

Last edited by Fenris on Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  Carmen Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:55 pm

Carmen followed, still seeming.. a little out of it. She brought her hand to her lips, and after a second, rubbed her face. Focus seemed to return, slowly, and she followed along. When she spoke she sounded twitterpated, the Russian in her accent shining through more than normal. "It all seems so.. fantastic. So.. far removed from.. reality."
Carmen
Carmen

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:34 pm

Fenris shrugged. "That depends on what your reality was, though actually having UIG bullshit is definitely a new one for me, but we'll probably get hold of more.If we actually survive long enough..." This last was muttered under her breath.

In an attempt to lighten the mood, Fenris decided to carry on with the tour, swinging open the door to The Room. In the shadows round the edge there was something padding around. "This is The Room, it's where we get mission briefs, and where we bring the stuff we steal. Just be careful of the table, as far as I can tell, it's the only thing the CEO really cares about. Oh! And watch out for the cyberwolves." She swept her arm across the room as she spoke, stepping aside to allow Carmen to look in or enter as she chose.
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  Carmen Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:44 pm

Carmen went to take a step inside, immediately spotted the wolves, and took a step back, the dreamy look replaced with one of gray-faced terror. "i'mfine." She hung back in the doorway, giving one cursory glance before easing back into the hallway. "Just a Room, right?" Courage was returning back to her voice. (Pass Lying and acting by 3.)
Carmen
Carmen

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:52 pm

Fenris smiled. "Yeah, just a room. That's worth guarding with a pack of cyberwolves. Don't worry they won't bite, as long as you're Oracle, that is." As she waited to she whether Carmen fancied another try at the Room, now that she knew what was in there, Fenris wanted more information about exactly how the other woman worked. "You said that you hack into places from home.. What kind of setup do you have? I mean most of the stuff we go for need you to have a direct connection to even stand a chance, so you must have something pretty special, right?"
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  Carmen Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:23 pm

Carmen didn't really show any more interest in the Room, taking a few steps away... Though that was likely because of the massive slavering death monsters casually lounging a few feet away. "Yeah, I have some good stuff. Most of it isn't high level stuff, though. Nn. Doesn't need to be." She smiled a little, as if at a private joke. "I'm good in person, though. And I'll be better... after surgery." There was a pause as she visibly remembered her bank account, and she took a deep breath.
Carmen
Carmen

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:04 pm

Amused by Carmen's reaction to the Cyberwolves, Fenris decided to move on to the offices, or more accurately, the new recruit sleeping quarters, since no-one really used them. She was a little curious about what it was Carmen actually used, she was being awfully cryptic."So, when you say "good", what kind of level are we talking? Cause I have something lined up that could probably use a hacker, but it is a top of the line Takata security system. It's going to be tough to crack."
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  Carmen Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:13 pm

Without looking at Fenris, Carmen's head tilted slightly, looking into space. The other employee could see Carmen's hands twitch a little, absent-mindedly. "Hmmm. Mmn. Give me.. four weeks. I need to get some surgery first and.. ..I would want to meet everyone, and see all the mission details before going on site. Entrance and exit strategies, as well." She nodded, though there was only gentle practicalities in her voice, no excitement, no confidence. "I have... lots of time to spend getting augments."
Carmen
Carmen

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:22 pm

Fenris shook her head slightly. "Well, you would have two, maybe three weeks. I would have some plans for getting in and out, but nothing certain, and there's no way you'll meet everyone for a fair while, at least two Oracle Agents live on the moon." As she entered the office space available to Agents, Fenris was taken back to the weeks she spent living here, she was definitely glad she got out. "And here are the offices, yours is... That one. You were told about your three weeks free stay? It's six grand a week after that, so you should probably find a place soon."
Fenris
Fenris

Back to top Go down

Post  Carmen Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:52 pm

Carmen seemed distracted, and eventually she nodded as her internal calculations were completed. "Two weeks. Three on the outside. And then I will be having everything I need." She focused on Fenris, and her small, private little smile came back. "I have someplace to live. But I will need to get someplace better. Yes."

She spun around a little, giving Fenris a look at was a handful of degrees warmer than she had when they entered. "What else is there here?"
Carmen
Carmen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2