Late Week 79: Hide and Seek

Go down

Late Week 79: Hide and Seek

Post  Fenris on Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:26 pm

Fenris sat at the bar in the Nuestro Juego, waiting for the mercs to turn up. She had been studying the playscape for that past 10 minutes, and she determined that it would actually be pretty good for the task at hand. There was a lot of places you could hide to ambush someone passing below, and lots of cover you could use to stalk someone. (Per + Stealth pass by 2). Fenris was dressed in her usual dark comfortable clothing, which would actually stand out in this place. The Oracle Infiltrator turned back to the bar to await the arrival of whoever Han's replicant decided to send.
Fenris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Late Week 79: Hide and Seek

Post  Silvia Tsukuda on Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:41 pm

A few moments later, a pair of figures entered and began to walk over to Fenris. The one in the lead was a tall-ish, lean woman with bleached white hair, a rather battered-looking broad hat and a scowl etched onto her features. probably her most notable feature, though, was her left arm, which had been replaced by a sleek robotic-looking prosthetic, its metallic curves not gleaming despite Nuestro Juego's lighting.

"You Fenris?" she said without preamble, her Mandarin bearing something of an Australian accent. "I'm Jenessa, this is Hua. Hui sent us."
Silvia Tsukuda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:47 pm

Hua offered a little wave. He was a Chinese kid guy just-below average height, with the long gawkiness to his limbs that suggested he might not be finished growing. He was dressed in a relatively fine stealth suit, which was not too much unlike Fenris' dark clothes. The hood of it hung around his shoulders. His lip was covered in peach fuzz, and he looked around with a kid's enthusiasm... But there was a cleverness to his eyes as he smiled at Fenris. "Hiya." He seemed a little shy, and his hand went to a strange climbing pick at his side for comfort.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris on Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:43 am

"Um, yeah that's me. It's nice to meet you both... Properly for once." This last bit was directed at Hua, and she sounded genuinely grateful, if a bit uncertain, as if she really wasn't used to speaking, or at least nothing like mandarin. "I assume Hui told you what the job is?" She had the telltale accent of someone who was using a chip, rather than actually learning the language. She downed the remainder of her drink, and got up, ready to head into the maze of the Nuestro Juego.
Fenris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda on Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:50 am

"Far as I can tell, the job is basically tag," Jenessa said with a shrug. "You go hide in there, we try and sneak up on you, you try and avoid us. Sound about right?" She sounded very casual about this somewhat unorthodox job - evidently, she was used to this kind of thing going on at Phoenix.

"You're another one of the Oracle crowd, aren't you?" she continued, without bothering to wait for an answer to her previous question. "Kind of crazy, even for Agents, but you guys seem to pay well."
Silvia Tsukuda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:54 am

Hua looked at Jenessa while she spoke; it was obvious he was deferring to her, from his posture and mannerisms, but his brows frowned a little as she spoke so brusquely. He nodded about the good pay, and added, "This is way better than a security detail, any day." He couldn't exactly make eye contact with Fenris for long, but he flashed his bright eyes and a smile at her once more.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris on Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:23 am

"Essentially, you two should try to "assassinate" me, and hopefully I'll learn a bit about noticing people." It still sounded a bit strange to say, but it should work. And it would hopefully be a bit of fun, though she supposed that would depend on these mercs. "Fuck it!" The Spire Brat in her couldn't resist flashing her cash, so to speak. "If you manage it I'll give you a bit of spending money. Say.. 5000?" With that, Fenris headed into the depths of the play barn, soon disappearing from sight, and instinctively heading for the shadows. (Ag + Stealth pass by 7) We might as well talk over the smeaker, It's not like it'll change much.
Fenris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda on Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:42 pm

Jenessa turned to Hua as Fenris left, having promised them a frankly ridiculous amount of money if they could manage their task. "Well, she seems much like all the rest of them. Not that I'm complaining if she wants to throw money at us," she added with a shrug.

If you've got anything you want to say, smeaker's fine, she broadcast and then turned back to Hua. "Now, for this, we're gonna need to co-ordinate. She's probably loaded up with all kinds of fancy shit, so I reckon the best way to try this is to split up, and one of us act as a distraction while the other one does the actual sneaking. That way we might be able to offset her advantages. That make sense to you?"
Silvia Tsukuda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:53 pm

Hua nodded once, pulling the hood of his stealth suit over his head. "Yeah. I got it. Want me to be a distraction first? And.. ..Uh.." He paused for a moment, hands freezing in place before he began to adjust his hair and tuck it under the cap. "She was one of the ones on the.. That was on that space station." He added that in a much softer voice, looking at Jenessa to make sure she understood what he meant.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:01 pm

Jenessa frowned, processing this new information. She knew what that meant - torture victim. Well, she seemed to be holding up better than a lot of people did, and she was going to have to take a lot of shit if she wanted to keep being an Agent. Besides, it wasn't as though she was trying to be Fenris' friend - she was here to get a job done. Still, she should probably watch her words a bit - make sure she still got paid, besides anything else.

"Gotcha," she said, after a moment. "Right, if you want to try distracting first, then the trick's going to be getting yourself spotted, but making it look like you're trying not to be. Be too bad, and she'll realise something's up. So just the odd slip-up, no more. Try coming in from that end," she nodded towards the way that Fenris had gone in, "and I'll circle round from there. Give me the signal when to advance - we want to be sure she's at least had a glimpse of you so she's focusing on over there. Ready? Go."
Silvia Tsukuda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:29 pm

Hua faded out as he nodded at Jenessa. "Got it. I am good as seeming like I'm not as awesome as I am." He chuckled a little, his amusement a tiny bit forced. He wasn't used to bragging, even as a joke. In order to hide his growing embarrassment, he took after Fenris, moving into the law maze that ran along the bottom of the massive construction. He was nearly invisible, and he too clung to the shadows, trying to find her. (Pass A+S by 14.)
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:35 pm

Jenessa, meanwhile, circled round towards another entrance - not the one closest to where she estimated Fenris' position to be, but one further round. She entered cautiously, keeping close to the walls and moving in short spurts, trying to ensure the time she spent visible was as little as possible. While not quite as invisible as Hua, she was still very hard to spot (Ag+Stealth pass by 7).
Silvia Tsukuda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:24 pm

Fenris was already secluded in the shadows near the top of the room, scanning the playscape for any signs of the Phoenix mercs. She had a couple of ways down to the floor planned out, for when she needed to escape, and she was routinely scanning with her Geo-sonar array, to get used to relying on senses other than her eyes. After a minute or so, movement pinged up on her HUD, allowing the Agent to make out the shape of Jenessa darting from shadow to shadow. She moved slowly round the edge of the room to maintain her distance from the Australian woman, whilst trying to figure out where the hell Hua had gotten to. It was at this point that Fenris remembered that she wanted them to spot her, so she shouldn't be hiding as well as she was. With a thought, her Vidskin shifted to the purest white, hopefully enough to be spotted without too much difficulty. (A+S, pass by 6)
Fenris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:32 pm

Oh, praise cybernetics, that agent--Fenris?--was suddenly visible, standing out in the rainbow colored landscape like a brilliant white cloud. He continued his slow and steady movement, clinging to the walls and using his walking pick to help him get a better purchase on the netting a few floors below Fneris. He stared at her. "I was gonna cough but.. She doesn't see me. You wanna trade rolls?" He was getting a little cocky though, moving faster now that she hadn't seen him. (Pass A+S by 8.)

Last edited by Hugo on Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:40 pm

Alright, Jenessa smeakered back. Still can't see her - think I'm the wrong side of a...set of walls or something. There was a tinge of annoyance in her tone that her much younger colleague was doing better than her, but she was able to look past that easily enough. She'd long ago learned the hard way not to underestimate people. Can you give me a rough location? I'll keep going, see if I can't keep her attention on me.

With that, she began another advance, this time keeping her time between dashes significantly shorter, as though she were trying to hurry at the expense of stealth (Ag+St pass by 2).
Silvia Tsukuda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris on Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:10 pm

Keeping one eye on Jenessa, Fenris began scanning, searching for the other mercenary. As she crossed a section of netting, she caught a glimpse of movement out of the corner of her eye, and looking down, she saw him. (Perception Observation pass by 13) Without hesitation, she kicked off from the net, dropping past Hua, and landing in the foam pit below. In a matter of moments she was gone. Nice try, but you should try to make better use of the cover available. Running through the maze, long enough to loose track of exactly where the mercs were, but putting them back to square one as well. (agility stealth pass by 6)
Fenris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda on Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Damn! Jenessa smeakered to Hua. And now she knows roughly where we are. I say we pull back for a few moments, let her get paranoid, and then move in. Should sap her confidence a little. As she talked, she suited actions to words, retreating a reasonable distance from where she estimated Fenris to be. Plus, you know, we might get a chance to work out where she is.
Silvia Tsukuda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:37 pm

Hua smeakered back his agreement as he looked over the playground. Unlike his team leader, he wasn't really able to get too worked up. This was kind of fun, and well, if they were gonna make Fenris worry, then he could have just a LITTLE fun. Clipping the climbing pick to his belt again, he jumped into the foam pit, flopping happily and gracelessly into it. He waded through and began to make his way to the edge, taking a little more time than strictly necessary.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris on Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:39 pm

Fenris made her way through the maze, wondering where the hell the mercs had gotten to. She expected them to have made another move by now. Unless she just couldn't see them. Well, their delay just gave her more time to plan her escape from this corner of the Nuestro Juego, so Fenris just made her way through the maze, waiting and plotting.
Fenris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda on Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:44 pm

Jenessa watched Hua with a kind of amused exasperation. Well, he seemed to having fun, and she guessed that as long as he stayed alert, he wasn't hurting anyone. And to get the proper effect, they'd need to wait a good few minutes more to get Fenris properly paranoid. Better find some good cover to wait in.

About five minutes later, she smeakered Hua. Okay, ready? Hopefully, she should be wound good and tight now. We'll come at her from different directions again - you go right, I'll go left. Got it?
Silvia Tsukuda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:12 pm

"..Got it." There was a brief pause as Hua squirmed out of the ball pit, and moved toward the inner playscape. He wasn't sure where their prey was, but maybe if he went up to one of the high perch, eh'd be able to see her, and he felt more comfortable climbing anyway. With some grace, he scampered up the side wall. (Agi+Stealth by 5.)
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda on Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:08 pm

Jenessa, meanwhile, skulked along one wall, placing rather less emphasis on spotting Fenris than avoiding being spotted herself. This worked fairly well (Ag+St is a pass by 6), but did, indeed, mean that she couldn't see any sign of her intended target (Per+Ob is a fail by 7).
Silvia Tsukuda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris on Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:49 pm

Fenris had spent 5 minutes making her way through the maze, and even without using cybernetics, she had a fairly good idea of the layout. Without really thinking about it she faded into the shadows, moving almost silently through the playscape. (pass stealth by 9) However, there was still no sign from the mercs, so either they were slacking off, or they had some kind of plan, or just maybe, they were right on top of her... (Observation pass by 1)
Fenris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down