The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 79, In Transit to Seoul: On a Boat. The Side of a Boat.

2 posters

Go down

Week 79, In Transit to Seoul: On a Boat. The Side of a Boat. Empty Week 79, In Transit to Seoul: On a Boat. The Side of a Boat.

Post  Hugo Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:21 pm

Despite Hugo practically vibrating with emotions not so long ago, there hadn't been time. Not a right time, to talk to Silvia. And then there was travelling, and swimming, and avoiding the Ai Jinn the whole way. Hugo walked in Silvia's shadow, clinging to her in a way that was surely making Dani sick--not that Hugo noticed--and in general acting like a dog who was just SO HAPPY Silvia was back.

The good news was, the entire try back to Seoul got to be in incredibly close proximity to Silvia, with her arms wrapped around his neck and the pressure of the fast moving water kept her body pressed to his. Sure, it was a littler heavier, but he was already carrying a bunch of supplied in his Mule-tech, what was one agent more? "Just another.. ten hours."
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Week 79, In Transit to Seoul: On a Boat. The Side of a Boat. Empty Re: Week 79, In Transit to Seoul: On a Boat. The Side of a Boat.

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:51 pm

Got it, Silvia smeakered back, shifting her grip slightly on Hugo to ensure it wouldn't slip. Her eyes were open and glancing about - she couldn't see all that much, but she felt much more comfortable being able to see something. Her cybergills were deployed, flaring against the side of her neck to try and wring oxygen from the murky water surrounding them.

For a few moments, she didn't say anything, just holding onto Hugo. Partly to ensure that she was as securely attached as she was going to get, partly just to have a moment of holding Hugo, even if it was underwater and attached to a ship.

So, she ventured after a while. It seems like this trip went...fairly well. I mean...we found Yuki, we helped the Resistance...I know how I can help more now. Went a lot better than it could have done.
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Week 79, In Transit to Seoul: On a Boat. The Side of a Boat. Empty Re: Week 79, In Transit to Seoul: On a Boat. The Side of a Boat.

Post  Hugo Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:04 pm

Hugo's arms were just around Silvia, his hands firmly gripped on the magnets that attached him to the ship. Even still,, he managed to squeeze her, just barely. Silvia was facing away, but for Hugo, all he could really see was her hair, grayness, the hull, dark. He rested his eyes and concentrated on being a limpet, but even then, he smiled. "It could have been much worse. When you hadn't texted me..." He stopped. He'd said all this before. "I was looking for Yuki so long, I never thought you'd see him. And I'm so glad you did. I told you everything would go well. That he'd love you. And a niece! How old is she? Did you meet her? And how was he? Was he okay? Like, he wasn't a cultist, was he?" All of a sudden a bunch of questions came spilling out, excitement in his smeakered voice as he nuzzled into her a little. He wanted to know everything.
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:33 pm

We...didn't get that much time to talk, Silvia replied, a little disappointment at that creeping into her smeakered voice. But he was...he was focused. Determined. He had his freedom and his family and he...he was going to fight for it. Whatever the cost. Because...because it was the right thing to do. There was admiration in her subvocalisation now - clearly Yuki had made an impression on her.

He wasn't a cultist, she went on, shaking her head. Or at least, I'm pretty sure he wasn't. He had a...a cybernetic rig of some kind. A Battle Frame Robotic, I think. Old tech. The Resistance use them a lot. But the way he talked about them...he doesn't really trust them, I think. He said they were like oni. Demons. But the ones in Taiwan...they're a bit different, I think. More...peaceful. Or at least they were - there's some coming in now that are more like normal. But he knows that the Resistance needs help, and nobody else will provide it.

And as for little Tsubaki...I don't know, she said, with that hint of disappointment again. I didn't see her or anything. All I really know about her is her name. But just...knowing she exists is good. Gives me hope.
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:42 am

Hugo attempted a squeeze again, but there was only so much he could do. Instead, rested his head against Silvia. "I am sure you will see her next time. And she will meet her namesake and aunt. And! You will have more time. Things will be less rushed. Someday there won't be a war. And no matter what, we'll be able to take care of Yuki and his family." He paused, listening to the water glug around his ears. "And the cult.. We can find them. Deal with them. Yuki gave you information and he wouldn't want you hurt. So it'll be... weird. Cult kill people. But it'll be fine. They're still.. people. With.. people.. wants." He was aware that he wasn't making much sense, but continued, "And so are the Resistance. What they want.. The freedom fighters in the free state, they are like them. They just want a home. And that's... I get that. You're right, it's.. the right thing to do. So we'll help them. And everything will be okay." Hugo nuzzled at her again, his head buffeted by the water.
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:51 pm

It is. And we will, and it will. Her voice had shifted a little and the determination Hugo had heard back when she had talked to the group had returned. I mean, I know dealing with the Cult is...unorthodox. But it...it's in a good cause. Helping the Resistance against the Ai-Jinn. Giving them a...a home.

She lapsed into silence again for a moment, shifting her head a little to make sure that Hugo wasn't blocking her gills - probably unnecessarily, but she wasn't used to using them and the closeness of his head to her oxygen supply was making her a little nervous.

I would like to see her, she said, a little wistfully. Sometime. When it's safe. And...I think it's made me more keen to see Shinobu's baby as well. Do...do they have a name?
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:18 pm

"Jun-seo. It's Korean, I think and means.. ..something. I don't know. But the baby is a boy for now, I guess. He's been home for.. a few days, now. Poor Shinobu. At least he has Maria now. He's gonna be so frazzled when we go home." Hugo sounded both sympathetic and amused at that, and Silvia could tell he was pleased by her renewed interest in Shinobu's little bundle of joy. "We'll come back in a few weeks. Don't worry, picarita, my love, and I'll meet Yuki and we can see Tsubakita and we'll have help from us and.. Cultists and whatever."

Hugo didn't notice Silvia adjusting her head, but he could feel her wriggling. He thought for a few moments, shaking his head. "If you put your feet in the holsters for Una, you wouldn't need to worry about falling off... I.. I got you, picara. And you can sleep, if you want. If you.. can. I'm here."
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:27 pm

Falling off isn't the problem, she replied with the smeakered equivalent of a sigh. It's just...I'm trying to keep my gills clear is all. Probably no need, but...otherwise it feels a bit too...suffocating. I...I'm not good with suffocating anymore.

She lapsed into silence for a moment, her thoughts turning to unpleasant things and her face darkening. Then a more puzzled expression crept onto her features and she turned her gaze curiously to Hugo. Wait...who's Maria?
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:34 pm

Hugo could only cuddle as best he could while Silvia's mind went elsewhere, and he concentrated on holding onto the magnets. He probably wasn't going to be able to feel his hands when they got off. "She's the.. Nanny I bought. A.. thing. Replicant. To help mi hermana out. Since we can't be there to protect them both at all times, and... Oracle." The massive agent didn't seem to have a complicated opinion on his child-rearing purchase. After a moment, he went to speak a little more, but stopped. Eventually he settled on, "I.. might have a spare rebreather, if you want one."
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:59 pm

Silvia nodded as Hugo explained Maria and smeakered a quick Good idea. At his suggestion of a rebreather, though, she shook her head.

No, no, it's...it's okay. Besides, a rebreather is a bit too...close. Over the face. If anything, it...it's even worse. I've got the gills, and the oxygen reserves as well. I just...need to keep them clear, is all. There was another moment of silence, while she mulled over something in her mind. Then after a moment, she smeakered again, a little hesitantly.

Hugo...when you call me "my love"...you really mean it, don't you? Really mean it.
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:10 pm

"I.. uh.. Er.. Well... Yeah. I, I love you." Hugo sounded equal parts baffled and embarrassed, but under it all there was sincerity, too. He writhed a little. He was wearing a helmet, but for Silvia's sake he had put the visor up, so she could at least his his face even if he didn't open his eyes. He looked down a little. "You're not just.. I mean, you're.. you're my girlfriend. That.. That is what that means. Of, of course I love you." Despite his words, he sounded a little.. wary, as if he didn't know where this was going, or why it had to be said.
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:24 pm

I...I'm sorry, I didn't mean to...to sound like that. Both Silvia's expression and her subvocalisation were very much embarrassed by the response she had caused. I just...it still feels a bit...odd to me. All this...this kind of stuff. Someone who cares about me like...like you do. I'm not used to it and it...it just struck me. Her subvocalisation had slowed a bit now, as though she had calmed. I...I love you too, Hugo. And I...I'm sorry I'm so bad at all of this stuff. Love stuff.
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:39 pm

"I..." Hugo was equally embarrassed, and despite biothermals and the freezing ocean, his face felt hot. He shook his head, weakly, letting the water buffet it. "I.. I haven't called anyone a.. a girlfriend, or a boyfriend, for a long.. long.. time. Except Una, but... When I did, I was.. little and... Like, early teens and.. After that I haven't really.. had one, since then. Dated, a lot, but not.. no.. girlfriends or boyfriends." If anything, he sounded more embarrassed, and almost a little.. hurt, like he didn't want to talk about it.
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:09 am

Yeah, well...I haven't exactly done very well on that myself. Silvia had to restrain herself from giving a huge sigh, remembering that she was underwater. I mean...I think you must be the first person I've dated who...who did love me. And...most of the time I've been on my own anyway, so...people are hard normally. Love is...is even harder. She shook her head. At least...at least you managed dates. You're better at this than I am, anyway.
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:23 am

"Oh but dates are, they're not.. They're not related. Not to.. loving, or.. Us. This kind of stuff. It's just like.. Food, sex, parties.. whatever. That's all normal... I mean, easy, it's not.. it's.. not.. ..Like this. This, this... close. This.. deep." He floundered for words as he stuck to the bottom of the ship. He actually did sigh, bubbles flopping from his mouth as it instantly filled with probably slightly radioactive sea water. "It's not the same... emotionally."
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:34 am

No, I...I guess not. Silvia looked down, instinctively, not that it changed her view all that much. I just...this stuff...it's hard. I guess it feels like it would help to have...some kind of experience. That wasn't Ken'ichi or Carlos. I just...find it kinda hard to work out what's going on sometimes. Sorry.
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:42 am

There was a long pause on Hugo's end, before he spoke. His voice was slow, unsure. "Maaaybe. But..." It took a while before he found a way, or maybe even found the nerve to say what he was thinking. "...Lov--Experience, like, like that. It can.. fuck you up. It can destroy. It.. it's worse than plasma, gets through all your armor, and just.. breaks you." On the last two words Silvia could feel his arms, his chest, his whole body tighten, as if his muscles were preparing for combat. To fight. "I don't.. know if it.. would help."
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:05 pm

Almost instinctively, Silvia's hands moved a little on his shoulders, trying to relax him a little without actually letting go at all. I...don't know either. All I know is I...I feel like I'm trying to be careful around someone I care about...someone I love and I don't know if I'm doing the right thing. This is all just so...different to the others and if I get it wrong...then I hurt you. And me. And it's not good for either of us. So...sorry about that. Her gills flared a little, in what might have been a sigh, or just a heavy breath. And sorry for...for starting this conversation up. I...I didn't mean to...to do that.
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:25 pm

"Don't be sorry. It's.. It's fine." Hugo relaxed, and after a second, he let go of one of the magnetic handles to touch Silvia's back and pull her closer. They both turned a little in the undercurrent below the boat, and he enjoyed touching her for a moment more because he pushed against the rushing water and groped for the grip of the magnet again. "I.. don't want to hurt you, either. So this is.. good."
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:35 pm

Silvia responded to his touch with a squeeze of her own, although she was careful to keep her neck in clear water. We...we're doing the best we can, she said as Hugo regained his grip on the clamp. That...that's about all we can do, I guess. Then she lapsed into silence again, her gaze moving across the rather uninteresting scenery before her.
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:46 pm

Hugo let the silence happen, and he concentrated on the warmth their bodies were able to cling to despite the freezing water. He wasn't cold, but a reminder that she was there, when she'd been gone for so long... It was nice. The water rushed past; he could feel occasional bubbles. Did that mean Silvia was getting enough air? Hmm.. "Hey... Can you.. Can you tell me everything? About how it went? About.. being there? In Taiwai?"
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:13 am

Over the next several hours, Silvia talked at some length about Taiwan and her and Tansai's stay there. Beginning with the submarine trip in (cramped, boring and with not enough air), moving into finding a base of operations (involving a lot of sneaking around patrols) and then settling down to life hiding in Taiwan. Essentially, her time in Taiwan seemed to have consisted of dodging and observing enemy patrols, scrounging the ruins of the land for whatever food she could find and sneaking around Resistance tunnels. There had been very little "leisure time" and what there was seemed to have been spent either scavenging or resting. She seemed proud that she had managed not to fire a single shot until the assault on the prison, though also a little...disappointed. Throughout it all, however, Hugo couldn't shake the feeling that in some way, she had...enjoyed her stay in Taiwan. Or at least, the hiding and scrounging part.
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down