Week 77: How to Juggle Cannons

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Week 77: How to Juggle Cannons

Post  Hugo on Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:42 pm

Hugo winced a little bit seeing Dani lean on the gun, and he fixed the situation by moving toward her and linking an arm with hers, lifting her gun up and letting her lean it and her own weight on him. "With fighting? One some missions. When I'm lucky." He reholstered Una, and cradled her cannon, looking it over casually. "Almost enough, really."
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza on Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:57 pm

Looking over the cannon, Hugo could see that as well as the attachment of an aftermarket scope, shenlong had been engraved into its handle.

"I guess wherever you go, there's always something or someone holding you back, dragging you down. That's society for you," Dani remarked, leaning lazily against Hugo. "Have you tried being a gladiator? I bet you could get plenty that way if you found the right arena."
Dani Potenza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:14 pm

"Huh. I'd forgotten about that. Yeah, actually. I have. A couple times. Never any of the hardcore ones, though. I kind of outclassed everyone. It's not fun if people aren't at my level, you know?" He smiled a little sadly, running his hand over the engraved words in the handle. "And I dunno about now. It feels more.. right when I do it for a reason, you know? For a corp...? Eeeeh." He looked down at the shorter Dani, obviously conflicted about something. It was hard to be a Hugo, sometimes.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:36 pm

"Yeah, I get that. Maybe you should just... not think about it?" Dani suggested, inwardly considering that for someone who didn't seem brilliant at thinking he sure did a lot of it. "Distract yourself. You've got this business to get going, the opening party coming up... and you can always let go on other things, y'know? That way you can just kinda forget until a chance pops up and reminds you."
Dani Potenza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:45 pm

"Yeah, I mean, that's what I do. Sometimes it just builds up, and I can't..." He trailed off, but there was something about the way his hand moved down her cannon, how his weight shifted against her... It wasn't always fighting that he was talking about. He sighed, and after a few deep breaths, he pulled back a little. "..Can't hold it back. But it's manageable. And with this, next door, with everything going on... It's okay. Life is pretty good right now."
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:19 pm

"Yeah, you look like a guy who's doing damn well from here," Dani said, stepping slightly to stand in front of him. "And even if you fall..." As she spoke, Dani grabbed Hugo by the arms and tried to push him down onto the ground, but he was just too good at handling that kind of thing for her. (Passed Str + Close Combat by 4, compared to Hugo's 5) "...Okay, well, making you fall down is fuckin' hard. See? You're doing great." Her attempt at clever wordplay had failed, but she tried her bet to salvage it as she continued to push.
Dani Potenza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:24 pm

Hugo laughed a little as even the newly improved strong Dani couldn't push him down. Her attempt to overpower him left him holding her cannon, and he looked down at it before looking at her. His voice was a little slow and sly, "You.. wanna stop target practice for a bit? I could.. show you something." He handed her gun back to her, ambivalent to her hands on him.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:26 pm

"Sure," Dani replied, irritated a little by Hugo's laughter and continued power. "I am all about seeing things, I do it all the time. Except when I blink, because too much of a good thing is... yeah." She realised it wasn't a very funny joke, and just sort of trailed off as she took her gun back.
Dani Potenza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:31 pm

Hugo took Dani's wrist in his hand and began to move them out of the room, going back into the main hallway and hitting the door for the elevator. The doors immediately opened, and he pulled her inside. It was a standard little elevator with mirrored walls and smelled new inside."You're gonna love this. I promise."
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:33 pm

"You do know I'll sue you for false advertising if I don't, right?" Dani joked, wondering where the elevator would go. She supposed it would probably head upwards to the higher floors, but maybe he had a secret basement. Then again, what would someone like Hugo keep in a secret basement?
Dani Potenza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:40 pm

The elevator indeed led up, away from his Batcave of mysterious toys and stalking equipment. After only a moment, the elevators opened on the second floor, and Hugo tugged Dani past the medbay toward a large set of double doors. He opened them, showing a dark expanse beyond...

And he flung himself forward, diving into the dark space. If there had been a floor, he would have made a noise, but there was nothing for a the briefest soft thud, far below. Nightvision showed a massive playscape, a tall and very wide building, with Hugo nestled in a bunch of foam, 20 or so feet below.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:54 pm

Okay, now that was more like Hugo. Dani glanced over the edge, switching over to nightvision to work out a good trajectory, and leapt down into the darkness, landing with a muffled thump. "Woo! See, how could anyone be gloomy when they have that? That rocked!" she declared, working her way towards Hugo.
Dani Potenza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:01 am

Seeing Dani come towards him, Hugo began to move away from the foam pit and toward the playscape proper. His hands were working the clasps that kept Una's holster to his back and by the time he moved out of the pit Una was free. He hung her up on the netting of a wall, and began to scale a fireman's pole up and away from her, laughing more. "I broke one of these once." This pole was made of durasteel, maybe, or some other super durable alloy, and it was still shaking a little as he climbed up. (Str+ath pass by 10.) After a moment, Dani could easily pick up on the fact he hadn't really had a chance to play on it, yet.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:42 pm

Dani grinned at the sight of Hugo playing around, and continued watching him as she steadily but slowly climbed up one of the netted walls. (Failed Agi+Ath by 2) It was obvious that he'd built all this and not had a chance to enjoy it for himself - that really didn't suit him. "That's cheap construction for you, eh?" she called out in reply to Hugo. She'd never exactly been the outdoorsy scramble-around-everything type, but this was certainly a nice enough way to pass the time.
Dani Potenza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:09 pm

"That, and I was a 65 kilo ten-year old, you know." He laughed, landing lightly on the second "floor" that the fire poll lead to. It was constructed out of taut netting, easy to hang on to, to climb on. Hugo bounced up and down a little, watching Dani climb. He looked around; there was a tube that lead up and around to an upper floor; below to the side there was a ball pit. No, a better word would be a ball pool. He began to make his way toward the tube, but he paused long enough to call out. "Lights on!"

The lights clicked on, revealing a room of bright, intense colors. Everything was made and patterned to confuse the eye and allow for places to hide. Black lights and glow tubes were built into the construction itself, adding weird patches of florescent, mixed up color to the already bright mish-mash of shapes and shades inside. Hugo began to worm his way into the tunnel, slipping a little, though even he was overwhelmed by the sudden change in the environment. (Fail Str+ath by 5.)
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza on Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:15 pm

When the lights came on and revealed all the bewildering colours, Dani switched over to thermal vision to make things esier. She began to work her way around to the tunnel where Hugo was, slowly and carefully clambering across the ropes. (Fail Agi+Ath by 1) "I am so bad at this," she muttered as she worked her way towards the shape of warmth known to experts as "Hugo".
Dani Potenza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:40 pm

Hugo was more agile, and he flopped in the tube, looking out of a clear "window" panel at Dani. (Pass athletics by 5.) His voice was muffled a little, and somehow also echoing a bit. "You'll get better. That's the point. It's good training, you know?" Hugo disappeared from the clear section of tube, and appeared a moment later along a slide, which he took back down to the ground floor, in the ball pool.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza on Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:44 pm

"Yeah, sure, but-" Dani lost her grip on the wall (Fail Agi+Ath by a lot) and decided to just give up and fall down instead, crashing ungracefully into the ball pool. "At least I don't need falling training. Pro like a brick," she grumbled as she righted herself.
Dani Potenza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:55 pm

Hugo ducked down gracefully to avoid being hit by splashed balls, and began to wade over to Dani, grinning. (Pass athletics by 2.) His kicks sent brightly colored but strangely robust balls into the air, and he ducked under the surface for a minute before popping up next to his fellow nuke. He rested his head among the colored balls, grinning at at her. "You'll get better. Or maybe die, cuz it's pretty important for missions." He was teasing her, still.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza on Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:22 pm

"I can handle myself fine in the field, it's easier when there's something at stake. And on missions, you don't have to worry about certain people being smug at you, either." She frowned as she leant against Hugo. "Not that it isn't endearing in that "god, shut up Hugo" kind of way."
Dani Potenza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:36 pm

Hugo continued to 'float' with his face just visible, moving his arms around Dani's hips. "Oh, I'd still probably be smug at you. You know, if I was paying attention." He grinned, his hands moving around her waist--oh, he was definitely trying to remove her trousers. "I wouldn't let you die, though."
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza on Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:52 pm

"Of course you wouldn't," Dani replied, paying no mind to Hugo's subterranean actions. "And I'd do whatever I could to keep you around, obviously."
Dani Potenza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:59 pm

"Oh, that's good to hear," smirked Hugo as he tugged her pants off. He sounded... a little sarcastic, and very amused by her lack of response to everything else. He was smiling a little as he sunk back below the colorful balls. A moment later he threw Dani's trousers across the pit, and didn't bother to resurface.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2