Week 77: How to Juggle Cannons

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 77: How to Juggle Cannons

Post  Dani Potenza on Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:24 pm

TO: huguna@nuke.edu
SUBJECT: Hey
You up for some shooting practice? I'm trying to get the hang of shooting one-handed now I'm strong enough for it and I could use someone to compare with. Or maybe a target, you're grounded right? Sound good?
Dani Potenza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 77: How to Juggle Cannons

Post  Hugo on Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:52 pm

TO: dp275@bgnet.wdn
SUBJECT: RE: Hey

Aw hey Danny I am really busy this week, why don't you think I have been around? I am getting ready for the opening. You are coming right? Anyway maybe next week we can shoot okay?

Transcribed using Talk2Text app.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza on Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:58 pm

Of course I'm coming, how could I not be there? Just getting something to wear now. But are you really sure you can't spare just an hour? Maybe at night? A half-hour, even? You gotta find some time for fun, man.
Dani Potenza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:59 pm

well if its just an hour
ok
later tonight???
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza on Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:00 pm

Great! Where's good for you?
Dani Potenza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:01 pm

4 galvnic???
we can try the dojo
lots of room + gronding wires
u can get a tour
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza on Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:04 pm

Sweet! Just tell me when to be there.
Dani Potenza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:18 pm

The dojo was a wide, five story building built in the style of the Interchange, all pale cement and black glass and visible metal. It contrasted from the surrounding buildings, which were a little grimy and much power quality, but no other building was like Nuestro Juego, which had an a number of now-off blinking bulbs, with neon patterns visible even with the lights off. When it was on, it would dominate the local skyline like a funfair attraction, but for now... It was simply the building next to the Dojo de Seoul.

Hugo opened the doors as Dani walked up to the building. He grinned at her, smiling. He was dressed simply in workout clothes that clung to his frame. "You're lucky, you get a private tour." There were lights on inside, and half a dozen piled cardboard boxes by the door.

Last edited by Hugo on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza on Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:43 pm

Dani was certainly impressed by the two buildings - clearly Hugo, or whoever he'd paid to handle the architecture, knew how to make somewhere stand out. She walked up carrying her galvanic cannon and with her caustic thrower in its case slung on her back, and smiled back at Hugo. The results of the two days she'd spent getting her muscles enhanced were quite apparent, as her vivid pink leopard-print t-shirt now looked a bit too small for her. "Aww, you shouldn't have. What if I leak photos to the press?"
Dani Potenza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:56 pm

"Good. I'll be glad if they care. More press is good press, you know?" Hugo grinned as he ushered Dani inside, oggling her a little bit as he did so. She could not only hold the cannon, but also her caustic thrower, so that was a good sign. Yeah. There was a little entryway, before the building opened up into T-intersection of hallways. Large doors popped up along the walls, leading to what were almost certainly practice rooms. Everything was clean, gray, with a sort of official feel. Officey. Hugo took the nearest and largest set of doors, opening them. "Here's the main room, where we can practice. Really it's just a few other smaller rooms besides the main room on this floor. We can have a bunch of classes concurrent at once, plus a locker and shower area. Yeah? It's not bad, right?"

The room beyond was essentially a small gymnasium, with bright overhead lighting and a faintly glowing holowall along the back side. The floor was made to look like smooth wood, but it was almost certainly some type of plastic polymer.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza on Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:24 pm

"Yeah, not bad. Great, even. Way more comfortable than corporate training places, they always feel like you're being watched. Maybe that's just the Ai-Jinn, though," Dani said, shrugging her caustic thrower's case onto the floor. "So are you going to be doing classes yourself, or are you getting other people in for that?" she asked, grasping her cannon in both hands before shifting the weight over and pointing it experimentally at the holowall single-handed.
Dani Potenza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:32 pm

"Nah, gonna get teachers. I'm good, but I don't think I'd be any good teaching a class. And that way I can get help, too. Train with people who are actually good but.. uh..." He looked around at the large empty room, the slightly padded walls, the glowing ceiling. "The only staff around at the opening tomorrow is gonna be a medic. Which I guess is all we need, but between missions and presents and... Well, I've been busy, yeah? But we're find them all, for all kinds of classes." As he watched Dani play with her gun, he began to undo the straps that bound Una to his back. He threw her from hand to hand, looking down her sight. "How grounded are you?"
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza on Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:45 pm

"Enough to handle this baby," Dani replied with a grin, patting her galvanic cannon. "See?" With that, she fired the cannon at Hugo, holding it straight and looking down the scope.
Dani Potenza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:53 pm

Hugo didn't even attempt to defend, letting the invisible-to-the-naked-eye bolt of lightning hit him in the chest. It made him feel warm, but it wasn't that much compared to what he had been expecting. He laughed, looking down at his shirt. "I had hand made armor when I left the Fed, some tac armor with copper running through it, and hell, THAT would have taken that little jolt. Did I give you a broken gun, lirio?"

The mocking was somewhat common for nukes, but to see Dani, with his favored gun, well.. She couldn't blame him for being a little sarcastic.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza on Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:07 am

"Nah, I'm just used to better weapons is all," Dani rebutted, tapping her thrower's case for emphasis before switching hands and firing again. (39 damage)
Dani Potenza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:17 am

Hugo laughed again, feeling his whole body heat up as it spread through his grounding system. That was almost a nice feeling, almost like being hugged. He whipped Una up, pointing it at Dani. fired her easily, smacking Dani center of mass, and two things happened. One, Una packed a fair bit of whollop (49 Galvanic Damage) and her extra large capacitors flares to live, sending two crackling, sizzling, bright white arcs of lightning right into Dani's skin. On someone who was grounded less, it would have been enough to fry a person in their own skin...

Hugo looked at her curiously, trying to see if she was wounded. "Better than that?"
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza on Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:29 pm

For a moment, Dani was concerned about the strength of the blast as it ran through her grounding wires and spread heat throughout her body, but it dissipated as quickly as it had come. "Okay, that was pretty impressive," she admitted. "I still prefer working with acid, but I can't deny that galvanic is nice. It's like 3 guns in one, and how can I say no to that?" She fired off another shot, half-paying attention (21 damage). "I feel like the team that invented galvanic weapons didn't really mean them to be used like they were laser tag guns... But this way is far more fun, huh?"
Dani Potenza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:42 pm

Hugo barely even noticed the shot as it was barely any more powerful than Una's arching lovebites. He smirked. "Alessandro and I use them like this all the time. It's way better than lasers anytime." He fired again, lazily, his own shot doing little more than Dani's. (24 damage.) Two arcs of electricity grounded in Hugo, and he ignored them as well. "They're dangerous. Wait till you see them on something that isn't grounded. There's nothing so beautiful as the damage they can do. Flawless." There was something like appreciation, pride, awe, love in his words. He was obviously enamored.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza on Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:25 pm

"Yeah, all the videos I've seen of them in action make them pretty awesome, and they're different enough to have their special niche in my arsenal. I mean, I could never commit myself to just galvanic cannons, especially not with how grounding makes them just fancy paperweights, but you gave this one a good home." She looked at her wrist in mild irritation at the other downside of the galvanic cannon - her watch did at least display something, but even when it managed numbers it never got the time right any more. On the plus side, this meant Hugo couldn't blame her if the "hour" ended up lasting a bit longer...

"So what gave you the idea for this place? It's not exactly how most agents would spend their millions."
Dani Potenza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:36 pm

"I wanted it, so I built it. And it.. may as well be a business. The Dojo... the only place I could train with an expert in Seoul was with the Comoros people, and they don't let me in anymore. And the playground.. There's another one, a worse one, a couple hours away. I wanted one for myself. I was too big for the ones for kids when I was like, ten, anyway." He chuckled a little, and angled Una away from Dani, obviously relaxing. "It's nice, right? And anyone can come, normal citizens or gang members or people working in the Interchange..." He shrugged happily, moderately content with this idea. He took a step toward her, rolling Una over in his hands. "As for grounding, I have this. The Great White is a wonderful underslung machine. High-mass, shield bypassing, and it penetrates all armor that it can hit. Breaks the grounding cage. She even got through two Guan Yu suits with this."
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza on Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:55 pm

"Guan Yu? Really? That is impressive," Dani said with a slight frown as she leant on her gun. "Gonna have to keep that in mind once I get my hands on a suit." She picked up her cannon again, passing it from hand to hand. "Getting cyberlimbs was one thing, but this kinda strength kicks ass, man. Just a couple of weeks ago I couldn't even handle a stock cannon and now I can lift this like it was nothing. Goes to show what money can do, huh?"
Dani Potenza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:08 pm

Hugo laughed a little, nodding. "Oh yeah. No substitute for training--" And here he thumped his chest with one fist happily before losing steam, "--Or, uh.. natural skill. You can get all the cybernetics in the world, but there's a limit to how hot they can make you." He shook his head a little sadly, watching Dani move her gun from arm to arm. "I never understood the appeal of a suit of armor like Guan Yu, really. You just get so separated from the fight itself. Pfft, I'd just settle for something that can block plasma."
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza on Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:27 pm

"Sure, that's all well and good for guys like you, but cybernetics are a miracle for those of us who aren't mountains of muscle already and have too many important things on their plate to spend years just lifting," Dani answered dismissively. "And trust me, the Guan Yu is nothing like other powered armor. It's way more visceral, got this special impact nothing else really has. It's all in the design, you see, refined but not changed for over a century, way better than those lame-ass suits you see for general use. When you're in a Guan Yu, it does feel different, but it's not seperation from the fight - it's escalation to a higher level. And now I'm in a job where I could afford one but can't just order one..." She sighed in frustration, having reminded herself of all the reasons she'd always wanted a Guan Yu suit. "I get what you're saying, but if you'd trained for it you'd feel different."
Dani Potenza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:33 pm

Hugo didn't seem especially impressed, especially with the "not changed for over a century" bit. Who wanted to wear some antique? Even his holophone was out of date now, he and bought it only a few months ago. Still... "I guess. But I like being.. I mean.. A machine would just.. get in the way of.. giving in. Of being completely free to fight. I don't want that much anything between me and them, you know? But I'm not.. trained for any armor, really."
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Potenza on Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:03 pm

"Well, you do look better without any. Guess it doesn't suit how everyone fights - I mean, you could probably charge into battle naked and be fine, but personally I am all for further asserting my arguments with a big suit of metal death. Oracle's full of variety, that's our thing." She swung her cannon around as she spoke, then leant forwards on it. "So do you get a chance to just let loose often?"
Dani Potenza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next