The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 7, Monday morning.

3 posters

Go down

Week 7, Monday morning. Empty Week 7, Monday morning.

Post  SosieTerrehaute Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:23 pm

Sosie leaned back in her hair, tapping her now chipped blue nails against her lips. "Hmm.. Bell? Can you find Pinkie?" Bell's voice was soft and youthful as always. "Affirmative."

The empty Smork bottles on her desk fell over as she tried to find one with something in it. No? She really should clean up.. But that could wait. She was up to her neck in researching the Gemini base, and only just now read Lee's debriefing. Warick, huh?

She needed food anyway. "Actually, don't bother, Bell. Food first." Bell answered again, but Sosie was already leaving the Womb, barefoot and wearing only an oversized Smork T-shirt that fit her like a dress.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Week 7, Monday morning. Empty Re: Week 7, Monday morning.

Post  SosieTerrehaute Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:48 pm

Sosie sat down at the kitchen table, shoving some cookie-higrate covered synthbeef balls in her mouth. After a few moments, she said, "Bell? Where's Pinkie. Tell her I want to see her. If you can't find her, page the whole compound."

Bell attempted to find Pinkie, giving a compound wide, "Pinkie, Mom wants to see you in the kitchen" throughout the whole place in her measured, soft voice.
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:35 pm

*Pinkie put faded in behind Sosie chewing on a bar of..something. She hadn't looked at it. Gren had managed to scent her and followed, Pinkie suspected that Evee had simply followed Gren, but that was clever in itself.*

You wanted to see me?
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:07 am

Darya, having been up late beginning work on attempting to track some cult activity, was still in bed at this point, having managed to cocoon herself in her duvet. When the call from Bell sounded, she vaguely raised her head, caught "Mum wants to see you in the kitchen" and began to pull herself up, muttering to herself. She barely managed to stop herself stepping on a valuable new part for her underslung KO rifle project, then opened the door and stuck her head out, still wrapped in the duvet. "'Ello?" She said, looking half asleep.
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:19 am

Sosie avoiding jumping a little, and slowly turned to Pinkie, her mouth also full. She hurriedly swallowed. "Pinkie, I just read Lee's report this week..."

And then Darya opened her door. Sosie had to smile a little at Darya bundled up like that. Stupid uncomfortable soft feelings. S he paused for a second, then made her voice a little more gentle. "Pinkie met Warrick this week."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinkie Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:03 pm

Warick, one R. You said so in the emails.

They're definietly not by the book, The CEO clearly has a history with them. I think they are disinclined to dispense with potentially useful individuals. Doubly so, since they even gave our actions a cover story for no readily discernable reason. They have little patience and operate efficiently. In truth, I think if Warick learnt of your past, Darya, and you could convince them that Shanghai would not reoccur then they would possibly even support your endevaours. Lee disikes the way Warick readily and openly undermines his authority, that aside I doubt they have problems with each other. Our Dry cleaner has a somewhat different build than Warick so they are different people. Warick is a veteran; capable, commanding and they wear their authority and abilites like a second skin. Warick is probably the attention that Lee was hoping not to draw when he mandated little to no collateral damage and the reason he wants the Ai-Jinn counter ghost tech. Warick was able to disable the rooms surveillance equipment trivially and Lee's wolves were acclimatised to bemused by Warick's presence.
Not an ally, not an enemy and so long as that stays that way they're benign to us as a corporation. Lee does not know Warick's gender but is probably our best source for more info on the UIG agent. Warick likes their weapon but is confident without it. As it stands Warick could walk in and end Oracle if they felt inclined to do so.

*Pinkie's pacing stopped as she finished and she turned to face Sosie once again*

Last edited by Pinkie on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Darya Demeter Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:36 pm

Darya walked through the door and sat down on a chair next to the table, still wrapped inside of her duvet. Sighing, she looked up at Pinkie and smiled. "That was a lot of analysis, thanks Pinkie." She stretched her arms up out of the duvet. "To be honest, it is pretty much what I expected....apart from maybe the giving you a cover story thing. And the history with Lee. And...actually, it wasn't really what I expected at all. But I did expect him to be very good at combat..."
Darya Demeter
Darya Demeter

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:35 pm

Sosie wasn't sure how Pinkie could tell how she was thinking of spelling Warick's name, but psychics and all.. She pushed a Nutriyum bar to Darya, encouragingly. Sosie, as always, looked as if she hadn't slept in a long time. "Ghost tech, huh? Well, looks like our walls wouldn't hold eir back, regardless of my baby turrets. Hm.."

Dusty, lopsided with a shotgun jury-rigged to his chest, worked his way up the stairs and scampered over, avoiding any of Pinkie's.. pets. His annoying questions phase, at least, seemed to be over. Sosie reached down and pat the top of his egg-like turret body reassuringly. "E sounds like a loose cannon. But if e at least has some.. ethical motivations.. E can't like the Cult." She patted Darya on the shoulder comfortingly. "You should be fine."
SosieTerrehaute
SosieTerrehaute

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down