The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 74 Mission Debrief: ...SO. DAMN. CONFUSED

3 posters

Go down

Week 74 Mission Debrief: ...SO. DAMN. CONFUSED Empty Week 74 Mission Debrief: ...SO. DAMN. CONFUSED

Post  HanJi Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:04 pm

After a lengthy investigation period, multiple members of Oracle were led to the Mandara Massage facility in Jiaxing, Purporting to be a simple free clinic and massage parlour primarily used by local residents. In reality, however, it was a cover for an operation to do...something.

The team entered through a side door, let in through Agent Pillai's mechanical skill from the outside combined with Agent Fenris' stealth and lock opening skill from the inside. The team then proceeded to the top floor, which housed several bizarre pieces of equipment, and proved impenetrable to X-ray. After investigating the rest of the floor, The Team entered said room. They found a man strapped to a chair, with a cloaked mysterious figure holding him in some kind of trance.

After a brief attempt at minimal diplomacy, he attempted to use telekinesis to throw Agent Nizky out of the window. Due to Karishma's intervention, he only succeeded on the second try. At this point, the rest of the team engaged him in combat. Agent Ji used his weaponry to batter the foes psychic shields into submission, which Agent Fenris and Agent Lincoln used these gaps of shield coverage to damage the foe with their weaponry. Agent Pillai provided valuable support by nullifying the psychic powers of the hooded figure. Eventually, he went down, his leg shattered and exploded by Lincoln's sniper rifle, and was placed in psi-cuffs. Moments later, he awoke, and suggested to Agent Fenris that she get everyone out of the room. At the same time, Agent Lincoln discovered that one of the boxes was filled with an explosive set to go off in 30 seconds. Immediately after, it was found that the room was filled with such explosives, so the agents vacated the room, complete with the man on the table and the hooded figure. They also took steps to minimise the destruction and get as many civilians away from the building.

Agent Ji was carrying the hooded figure, who suggested that Ji let him go. For some reason, this seemed like a wonderful idea to him, and so he did. The figure, still restrained arm to remaining leg with Psi-cuffs, elected to take flight. Thankfully, he did think to inform the others of his questionable decision, and they were able to act. Agent Nizky, who had GETed in a hoverbike, was able to shoot the flying man with riot foam grenades, and Agent Lincoln was able to shoot him down. Sadly, his body did not survive contact with the ground.

Despite this, it is hoped that discussion with the man who was in a trance will shed some light on the precise nature of what was going on there. Furthermore, examination of the bomb site by Agent Ji yielded a device to be examined by Agent Pillai.

Han Ji's Comments: Okay, so talking to guy, turns out he's part of that Ai-Jinn Anti-Legacy group that we ran into a while back. So...is this a Comoros Anti-Legacy group targeting Legacy? A Comoros Pro-Legacy group working alongside Legacy in order to deal with this Anti-Legacy Task Force? An independent faction targeting one of the above? IS LEGACY JUST FUCKING WITH ME?!!

GOD DAMN THAT BASTARD FOR DYING ON ME! I HAD QUESTIONS! SO MANY FUCKING QUESTIONS!

Oh, according to Karishma, that device I found inserts sublminal stuff into a television's images? So thats a thing. Anyone with any expertise in that area wanna take a look? Or should we put it in the room?
HanJi
HanJi

Back to top Go down

Week 74 Mission Debrief: ...SO. DAMN. CONFUSED Empty Re: Week 74 Mission Debrief: ...SO. DAMN. CONFUSED

Post  James Fletcher Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:31 am

Just to clarify, we would need someone with experience in psychology to take a look at the subliminal messages in order to work out what they are intended to do.

While I would like to find out what these messages are for, and think that understanding them might help to shed some light on what was going on at that clinic, I also think that we would probably get a decent amount of money from placing that device in the room. What do others think?
James Fletcher
James Fletcher

Back to top Go down

Week 74 Mission Debrief: ...SO. DAMN. CONFUSED Empty Re: Week 74 Mission Debrief: ...SO. DAMN. CONFUSED

Post  Stephen Lincoln Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:36 pm

You guys seem quite set on finding out what the hell is going on over there so I reckon you might as well get that thing checked out properly rather than sell it off. Quick note, though: the psychic asshole didn't throw Ace through a window. Ace got thrown through a wall. It did take him two tries, though.
Stephen Lincoln
Stephen Lincoln

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down