Week 73: A Nighttime Run

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Week 73: A Nighttime Run

Post  Hugo on Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:22 pm

The hero grinned and turned, leaning back on the railing and looking at Fenris. With the terrible air quality, it was little wonder why home with outdoor balconies were now for only the very poor or very rich. "I'll never look like a normal passer-by. And you and I know we're not normal. Normal people don't run across the rooftops for fun, lady." He crossed his arms again, and the metal he was leaning on creaked quietly. "That's why I followed you."
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris on Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:21 pm

Fenris didn't take long. It was a tiny apartment, barely 3 rooms, and almost all of the furniture was missing. She called back to the man on the balcony whilst she was still in the kitchen. "Anyone who knows Parkour would, and it would be damn useful in a place like this." The infiltrator gestured to the area around them, then realized that he couldn't actually see her. "And there are enough people in this city from out of Ai Jinn territory for you to spread the suspicion, but how many "heroes" are there? Not a lot. People are still gonna target you."
Fenris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:26 pm

"They'd need to catch me!" He called inside after her, his voice loud enough for her to hear without him having to shout. He sounded delighted. "And if they caught me, they'd need to beat me in a fight." She could hear him smiling as he spoke. "I'm good at hiding, too. The suit helps that. And I have friends around. You shouldn't worry about me, lady. I'm gonna be fine. ...But I'd be happier if they mentioned me by name. One of the hero spotters should have caught on by now, you know? It's been months." He sounded a little despondent at that.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:57 pm

Fenris emerged from the kitchen with a barely functional chair in her hands. "That's because you've not hit anyone important. Nobody'll notice you until you make them. No-one really gives a shit about a few muggings." She brought the chair out onto the balcony, if she was going to have a long conversation, she was going to get as comfy as possible. "And who says they'll attack you? You said yourself, you have friends or family, they might not be as dangerous as you claim to be."
Fenris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:10 pm

The hero just smiled more at Fenris and her chair. "Trust me, my family can handle themselves. Of this I am totally sure." He looked her up and down, quirking an eyebrow under his skin tight suit. "And I'm touched you're so concerned about me, lady, but really. I'm a big boy, I'm fine." He gave her chair a little nudge with the bottom of his food. "C'mon, your turn. Tell me something about you that I can be concerned about." He grinned more, enjoying teasing her. He seemed a little.. lonely.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:26 pm

Fenris gave him a slightly incredulous look. "You want me to bare my soul to a complete stranger? I have no idea who you are, or who you work for. I don't even know why you approached me, not really." She was definitely on guard at this point, slightly tensed as if ready to move quickly.
Fenris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:40 pm

The stranger held his hands up calmingly. "Hey, you're the one giving me advice on how to run my heroing career! Or, maybe you're just telling me I'm going to fail, but you look nicer than that, lady. You're the one asking about my business, so I'm asking about yours." He moved his hands from the air to his hips. Sitting close to him, Fenris could see his shotguns where holstered to his legs. "Besides, I'm being polite. If I wanted to know you, well.. Lady, you have tattoos and nothing covering up your chip."
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris on Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:33 pm

She smiled. "Heh! Good luck with that!" Her gaze dropped to his shotguns, and how close his hands currently were to them. "You were the one telling me about your business, don't expect me to tell you about mine so soon. I've known you for what? Half an hour?" Fenris stretched her arms out before settling back into her chair, one arm resting on the railing of the balcony.
Fenris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:08 am

The hero smiled. "A little less than that. I don't have any interest in stalking you. Information from a friend, or someone you hope to be your friend, is not worth anything if you have to take it." There was a little sing-songiness about his voice, as if he was reciting something. He shook his head. "But you don't need to tell me. I should be going anyway, you know? The later it gets, the more crimes there are, at least until five in the morning. You ever notice that?"
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris on Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:33 am

Fenris turned to look out over the city, as if trying to come to a conclusion. "I can't say that I have. But then I don't generally look for it." The infiltrator stood up and hopped onto the rail in one fluid motion, holding onto the balcony above for balance. Giving the masked Hero a thoughtful gaze. "I might tell you more when I know you better... But in the mean time, try not to die."
Fenris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:40 am

The hero watched her get on the railing, and looked at the metal as it creaked. He moved his gloved hands under the banister to support it. "You too, lady. I mostly stick to the industrial areas during the week." There was a smile on his face, and for one very brief moment, one of his glowing eyes switched off; a wink.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris on Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:53 am

She gave a brief nod, in acknowledgement and thanks, before pulling herself up, quickly disappearing from view. Fenris continued on her previously planned course, scaling the building at an impressive pace. But now she had something else to consider, she was unsure what to make of this mysterious stranger.
Fenris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:04 am

Fenris may have graceful scaled the wall, but the hero had no interest in following her. With only the briefest look upward at her, he gave a wave and climbed the railing himself. With a little twirl, the caped man dove from the railing onto a lower roof below, and began making his way to the city proper with an impressive turn of speed.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top