Week 71: Testing the Water

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Week 71: Testing the Water

Post  Fenris on Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:37 pm

Fenris had always found Giovanni's to be relaxing, and it was definitely helping to settle her unease, though on the other hand, the other patrons were definitely not. She tried to ignore them, and instead focused on the conversation. "They just aren't prepared for people in street clothes, you know? Most people can't just drop in on a whim. And Stephen, if you want a spittoon, they'll get you one. We can pay them enough." With that she followed Shinobu's lead, and started looking through the Menu, though keeping an eye on her friends so she could follow the conversation.
Fenris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:53 pm

Hugo was checking the menu as well, reading dishes under his breath in a ridiculous accent. Spanish, he could speak, but his Italian was subpar at best. He chuckled to himself and checked out the wine list, grinning. "We're not most people. And now these assholes know it, for better or worse." Hugo shrugged. Even without his full body muscle upgrades, he was still huge and heavily visibly augmented. Sure, most were hidden, subtle, but even a layman could notice. And Hugo was used to weird looks. He could not looked more foreign, more alien in Seoul if he tried. "I'm thinking we should split a bunch of these antipastos, and like.. A bunch of these wines. Look at the realness ratings. All 90% or above!"
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Lincoln on Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:47 am

Stephen looked at Fenris with a slightly wounded expression. "Whaddya take me for, some sorta hick cowboy from six hundred years ago? I don't actually want a spittoon. I just figured it'd be funny to see the look on their faces if I asked, is all." He sighed and returned to his own consultation of The Menu, flicking past starters and main courses and house specials until he found the dessert section and the cakes. "Them anti-pesto things sound fine, y'all order up a big pile of whatever," he said, distractedly. "I'll handle the sweet stuff. Though, uh, I'd prefer a beer to the wines, pers'nally."
Stephen Lincoln

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris on Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:53 am

Fenris was very quickly on the defensive, almost using the menu as a shield. "Hey! I was just answering your question. And we only met about half an hour ago, so I'm not gonna know what you're in to. And you... Do actually sound like pretty much every cowboy I've ever heard, which... Admittedly is not many."

Flicking through the menu, she didn't find anything that didn't sound good. "Hmm. Good idea Hugo, how about we get some of everything? We could get the Vermentino for the White, and Nero d'Avola for the Red if that suits you?"(Arts and Culture pass on the dot)
Fenris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:29 am

"Sure, yeah, sounds good. I am happy to split everything, yeah?" He grinned at everyone, confident with these wine choices. (Pass A&C by 3.) He winked at Fenris, and signed to Stephen on the other side of his menu, <<Situation Normal>>. "And all feds sound like cowboys, don't we? People tell me all the time I sound like Tex." The big agent laughed heartily, but his thick Freestate purr was nothing like the twang of Tex's accent.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobu on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:26 pm

"You all look the same to me," Shinobu 'mumbled' in a way that was obviously not actually meant to be secret. "So we all know we're doing, then?" she said, setting down her menu.
Shinobu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:12 pm

And they did all know what they were doing. They were stared at while served insane amounts of good food, and then they all got ice cream and cakes. A good time was had by all, with conversation and Hugo getting moderately inebriated. Hugo loved these guys, and then they saved his ass and he loved them even more.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top