Week 71: Testing the Water

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Week 71: Testing the Water

Post  Fenris on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:35 am

Fenris sat staring out of the window as the clouds rushed past beneath the plane. She was nervous, and it got worse as she passed into Ai Jinn territory. She hadn't been back since... Her ordeal, and she had no idea what it would be like now. After a while it got a bit much, so she pulled out her PDA and sent out a quick E-mail.

To: All Oracle Agents
Subject: Hanging Out

Hi guys! I'm currently on the way over to Seoul. Does anyone want to meet up for a few drinks somewhere?

Fenris.
Fenris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 71: Testing the Water

Post  Hugo on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:47 am

o fuck yes
let me no when
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Lincoln on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:54 am

Sure thing, I'm up for a few drinks. Let me know where and when.
Stephen Lincoln

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris on Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:03 am

To: All Oracle Agents
Subject: Hanging Out

I've always enjoyed The Definite Article, but if you have another suggestion we can try it. As for when, I should be landing in about an hour. So lets say in an hour and a half, if that works for you guys.
Fenris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:09 am

lol no no no lets go 2 grind.me
its not tuesday but ther non-metal nites r ok 2
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Lincoln on Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:32 am

I've got no idea what the good joints in this place even are, so I'll defer to you folks as regards the where. Just don't make it too esoteric, yeah?
Stephen Lincoln

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris on Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:46 am

Grind.Me is fine, though I don't really know how long I'll be staying, we'll see, I suppose.
Fenris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:42 pm

Hugo showed up a few minutes early to grind.Me. It was a huge dance club in classic EI style, with driving music and a light-up floor. There were booths for private discussions with sound dampening fields, a huge WALL of alcohol, and lots of stairs, poles, cages, and nooks and crannies for snorting drugs. It was like Rumors with a more retro, go-big-or-go-home theme, for high ranking or rich business execs looking to spend some money and have a good time. It was a little tasteless, but most EI establishments were. So many flashing lights...

The massive agent was dressed in yellow and silver, with flashes of gold trim at the cuffs and hem. (Pass looking good by 8.) Getting very drunk sounded like a good idea, and it was increasingly hard with his cybernetics. Best to make a good dent. He was drinking something in a pitcher-sized glass, that fizzled and popped. He was alone, but he wouldn't be soon, and he was happy.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobu on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:51 pm

Hugo was not in fact alone, as a certain mysterious man in blue had read their whole email conversation and just happened to be at grind.Me at the same time. Funny, that. (Passed disguise.) There would be no point in Shinobu showing up yet, though - not until he'd seen what they were up to - so for now, he was just part of the crowd.
Shinobu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris on Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:14 pm

A few minutes later Fenris tentatively entered the club, she was dressed in her usual dark baggy clothing, and this coupled with the constant glances towards everyone else made her seem very out of place. After a brief moment she managed to spot Hugo, and gave him a relieved smile before making her way to the bar, and then to him. "Hey, how've you been?" She sounded very on edge, and was still trying to watch the whole crowd at once.
Fenris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:35 pm

"Fenrir~!" Hugo called out Fenris' name lovingly, putting his massive drink down on the mostly empty bar and wrapping and arm around his housemate's waist to Hugo her. In addition to being very well dressed, Hugo was back to his former, slimmer-but-still-very-strong-what-the-fuck size. He gave her a peck on the cheek and then released her, oozing comfort and relaxation. There weren't many people around yet.

"I've been pretty good. Working on getting better." He gestured to his pitcher of booze, chuckling.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Lincoln on Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:46 pm

Stephen walked through the doors of grind.Me, dressed up in the closest approximation of stylish he came to: his cleanest jeans, a pair of authentically worn old-fashioned cowboy boots, and a plaid shirt. Despite his efforts to spruce up, he certainly wasn't going to be catching many eyes tonight, at least not for good reasons [fail Looking Good by 1]. He also felt incredibly out of place the instant he surveyed the scene inside the club, stalling his confident strides down to a tottering pace. This wasn't any kind of saloon he was used to, for sure.

Nonetheless, he rapidly identified Hugo at the bar with some lady friend, and after a quick double-take he moseyed on over to the pair. "Hey, Hugo! What's happenin', amigo? And," he went on, turning to the woman, "you must be Fenris, right? Pleasure to meet you, miss." He grinned, his locational discomfort momentarily forgotten, before reappraising Hugo's outfit and shaking his head in disbelief. "Don't take this the wrong way, man, but you look like a fuckin' gilded banana."
Stephen Lincoln

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:02 pm

Hugo barely had time to wait for Fenris' answer when Stephen walked up, interrupting them. The nuke gave his fellow ex-pat a grin and a wave (<<Situation Normal, Let's Get Fucked Up.>>) while laughing. "A banana? Nothing wrong with that. Bananas are pretty popular in my home town." Not to mention that they had a certain appeal.

He gestured to the bar, still in high spirits. "Want a drink? Compadre, Fenrir? I started a tab."
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris on Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:00 pm

Fenris let out a loud sigh, leaning on the bar. "Hell yes! I need something strong!" The wolf-faced woman turned to the new-comer. "Stephen? Hi! Nice to meet you too. I'm Fenris." As she turned back to the bar to await her drink she let out another sigh. "Please tell me you do understand me."
Fenris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Lincoln on Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:17 pm

Stephen raised his eyebrows, momentarily taken aback by his new acquaintance's exasperation. "Uh, yeah, I can understand you - at least, the chip in my head can understand you. Which I guess is good enough, though it always seems kinda impersonal to me..." he said, rapidly gesturing at Hugo behind her back. <<Bad Day, or Long Term Personal Problem?>> "And sure, I could go for a drink or few. What're you havin', amigo?"
Stephen Lincoln

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:36 pm

"Something called Six Sixty Six? It's a fortified something or other.. hops.. blueberries.. I'm not very good with drink." He looked into his glass before shrugging to Stephen. "Damn good though, and they said it should get me drunk."

His hands switched as he held the glass, fingers moving with some subtlety. <<Long Term Personal Problem. Situation Unknown.>> "It's quiet here now, but we can go somewhere else later, if you guys want, after this drink."
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Lincoln on Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:50 pm

"Mus' admit this ain't normally the type of place I'd go, but I guess it could be worse. I don't mind stickin' about here for now, I s'pose." Stephen shrugged, looking about the establishment. "Lemme pull up a stool and I'll have what you're havin', yeah?" He waved a hand at Hugo as he grabbed a nearby barstool with the other, <<Roger. Request for Advance Warning for Hazardous Terrain (Social)>>, and pulled it up alongside Hugo to sit at the bar, hoping that the bulk of the other agent would hide his signing from the woman on the opposite side.
Stephen Lincoln

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris on Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:16 pm

She downed her drink in a single gulp. As she waved for the bartender to refill it, she turned to the others, a distant, sullen look on her face. "Sorry, it's a habit. Lived in Eden all my life... and I've not been back to Seoul since... the Station. I... It's just bringing back memories, sorry." After a brief moment she seemed to brighten up though, ignoring the hand sign and flashing them both a wolfish grin. "So Mr. Banana, last time I saw you, you were fretting over meeting Silvia again. Went well I take it?" (Observation pass by 6, corp knowledge pass by 1)
Fenris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:56 pm

"Oh! That! No, it went HORRIBLY." Hugo laughed low in his throat with only a brief sign to Stephen (<<Hazardous Terrain. Previous Team.>>), and grabbed his drink. He returned the impish grin to Fenris, and added in a lightly slower voice. "She actually indeed thought we were exclusive. Without checking. And when I mentioned Alessandro, I mean, I haven't since him since before you guys got--for a few months, I mean, and she got really mad, told me I was terrible and a cheater and I'd put my cock in the first nuke that walked by and not as good as her terrible terrible ex-boyfriend." Hugo laughed again, then quaffed a few massive gulps of his possibly-beer drink.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Lincoln on Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:33 pm

"Huh," said Stephen. "Well, uh... that sucks, amigo. I guess at least you ain't takin' it too bad?" He chuckled a little nervously, then eyed the size of Hugo's glass. "Or maybe you are," he added quietly.

His own drink arrived, in an equally sized glass.
Stephen Lincoln

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenris on Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:01 pm

Fenris looked askance at Hugo. "Do I need to help you two out again?" She took a sip from her new drink and grinned, her ice blue eyes sparkling. "Cause I think it would be a little harder to chase Silvia down..." It was then that she realized that this line of conversation was isolating Oracles newest recruit. So after finishing another drink, she turned on him. "So, Stephen! How are you enjoying your new found freedom from the Western Fed?"
Fenris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:24 pm

Hugo shook head. Even his eyes were faintly rimmed with silver. "Nah, compadre. We worked it out after a few days. So no need for you to hunt her down, Fenrir." There was something just slightly hesitant about his words, but Fenris had moved on to talk to Stephen, and he seemed content to leave it there.

Fenris had finished two drinks in this time, so Hugo took a moment to make a dent in his pitcher. <<Decadent Lifestyle. Hedonism Encouraged.>>
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Lincoln on Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:27 pm

"I ain't sure I can rightly say, I'm afraid," Stephen mused in response. "As it so happens my exitin' from the Federation very neatly coincided with me suddenly becomin' a millionaire, so I ain't sure what you could attribute to freedom and what just comes with bein' loaded. But if you mean how-am-I-doin', well, I'd say things are pretty swell. Still adaptin' to the culture and all that, but on the whole, I reckon I'm havin' a good time of it."

He paused to take a quick swig of his beverage, mulling it over before shrugging, apparently deciding it was acceptable. "S'alright, I guess. But yeah. Fact is I'm findin' it a bit difficult to work out what to do with my fortune. Got a couple of ideas, but I gotta do my readin'..." He stopped at that, looking slightly embarrassed and pretending to cough.
Stephen Lincoln

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:49 pm

"Oh yeah! I've given millions to my dad and family but I still have so much... I hired a personal assistant business lady to help me do stuff. Way easier than me doing it on my own. You should try it." Hugo gave Stephen a gentle nudge, along with a predatory smile. "She's EI but she likes guns too, yanno. Collects old ones. Really cool."

He smiled at Fenris, a little bit of wickedness leeching from his grin, before turning to look back at Stephen. "I don't know where you've been around Seoul, but there are a few places with a good Fed-style feel to the food. Agent sized portions, too. S'good." He continued to swig his drink, with only a third of the mixture left in the bottom.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Lincoln on Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:05 am

"A personal assistant, huh? Can't say the idea even occurred to me. I'm used to doin' things myself when I want 'em to get done." Stephen took another swig as he pondered the issue. "Might make things easier, but... I dunno, man, it's hard to shake the idea that if I want a job done right I oughta do it myself. Reckon I'll at least have a go at things on my lonesome before decidin' I need to get someone to help me spend my money. Wouldn't mind spendin' some of that money on some good grub, though! A man can't live on cakes alone."
Stephen Lincoln

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top