The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 68: A quick email to Coraline.

2 posters

Go down

Week 68: A quick email to Coraline. Empty Week 68: A quick email to Coraline.

Post  Tansai Kay Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:56 pm

TO: Coraline
SUBJECT: Found something you might be interested in

Hey Coraline,

I've been looking into some weird infections popping up in Vladivostok (Where Gemini's HQ is), and I've found that there are some dodgy drugs being given out by some underworld guys there, and some of the people taking them are falling ill. I got hold of some samples, and one of them has some kind of infectious agent in it, which I think may be the cause. Additionally, the drug's chemical make up looks more like Two Snakes' normal handiwork than Gemini's.

Interested?

Tansai.
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Week 68: A quick email to Coraline. Empty Re: Week 68: A quick email to Coraline.

Post  Coraline Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:24 pm

To: MaskedMistress@datavault.wdn
Subject: Re: Found something you might be interested in

Tansai! So good to hear from you,

Well, from you. Less good to hear about this. I'm afraid I have my own investigations lined up for a couple of weeks I'm actually back, but if you could send me a sample and the analysis you have on it so far that would splendid. Vectoring it via a drug is very strange especially over the blackmarket, I mean its already illegal so even if you trying to target specific people why would... And sure you could peddle them as a regular new illegal substance but if they're meant to make people sick....! Tansai could you look into where and how the blackmarket is getting these drugs? If they just knocked off a regular medical shipment and selling on the product then the infections could be warning signs for bad shipments of drugs, or worse. I mean I don't see Two Snakes doing something like that, especially to try and get back at Gemini but since messing with the disturbers won't get us anywhere, would you be simply incredible and track down the source?
Whatever you decide to do, keep me up to date, will you?

Thanks paycheck,

Coraline.
Coraline
Coraline

Back to top Go down

Week 68: A quick email to Coraline. Empty Re: Week 68: A quick email to Coraline.

Post  Tansai Kay Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:55 pm

To: Coralvine@Phoenix.wdn
Subject: Re:Re: Found something you might be interested in

Hey, I'll send it over when you get back.

As for why they might be releasing it this way...well, the most obvious idea for me is that the aim is not to test the drug, but rather to test the agent itself. Releasing it via black market makes it more difficult to pin down a common cause of the disease for anyone looking, as well as providing a built in scapegoat (the sellers) who can be made to take the blame. What's more, having multiple people taking the drugs without getting ill provides a control group for the test.

Still, I could just be paranoid. I'll get back to you if I find anymore details.

Tansai
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Coraline Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:11 pm

Hey
Mmm, I hadn't considered that "they" could be testing the vector. It would be one way to go about it. If that is what is happening here. I certainly hope not. I still think finding the origin would be the way forward, at least as far as prevention is concerned. If there is a "they" well they would be observing the area closely. It might be wise to keep your investigations low key, if thats a precaution you aren't already taking.

Stay safe,
Coraline.
Coraline
Coraline

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:15 pm

Will do. See you when you get back.

(also, what's up with calling me `paycheck`?)

Tansai.
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Coraline Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:20 pm

(I like having special names for people, yours is paycheck because you cut me a huge one once. More money than most people see in a year, no questions asked, no obligations, just your generosity. I like being reminded of that.)
Coraline
Coraline

Back to top Go down

Post  Tansai Kay Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:04 pm

Tansai looked at Coraline's latest message and tilted her head. Even at that stage, she was pretty sure she had given Coraline less than 5% of her wealth...didn't the Order ask for more?

She shrugged and began to set out her reply.

Well, thanks then, although that should probably be the nickname for the CEO...although I'm not sure we're allowed to nickname him, so don't tell him I said that.*

Tracked down the suppliers, they're a Russian mafia group affilated with the Ai Jinn, working out of a warehouse in the city. Will try to determine more.

Tansai

*On second thoughts, he probably already knows I said that, so...
Tansai Kay
Tansai Kay

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down