Week 68: Saturn-Rise from the Yacht

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Week 68: Saturn-Rise from the Yacht

Post  Hugo on Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:41 pm

It had been a wonderfully long and exciting night, full of amazing food and drink and conversation, some good but-not-metal-sadly music. Hell, Hugo had made a good impression on a large number of moderately famous musicians. Coraline looked lovely, and it was nice to be out with her, to socialize with someone who loved people as much as he did. It was a damn good night.

And now, drunk and buzzing, on the pleasure yacht form the private island back to Europa, Hugo leaned into the plush cushions on the open deck. The sea breeze was gentle and soft, the ship moving back toward the glowing shore at a leisurely pace. Saturn hung in the sky, dominating the view, a beautiful orange and purple orb. Hugo had read that its colors were enhanced by Varstaag's atmosphere. He didn't know about that, but it was beautiful. He swung his glass as he spoke, nodding, keeping his eyes on the banded planet. "..Right, right. RIGHT! But, I mean, it doesn't MATTER that it's a low price. Stealin' shit on Varstaag! It helps me make friends!" He laughed, obviously delighted. His voice was slurring just enough. The alcohol had been very good. Was still good. He took another sip and continued wryly. "...And it's nice to.. have a change. The trip's been fun. I mean, Don't get me wrong, I've had a good, a really good time but... I want a change. Drinking and talking and drugs and PEOPLE and stealing. I haven't done that much of that, recently." He ended the sentence guiltily, finishing his drink. A Helpsalot hovered nearby, waiting for the glass to be presented so it could refill it.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Week 68: Saturn-Rise from the Yacht

Post  Coraline on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:20 pm

Coraline nodded a little uncertainly, her stay at Vastaag had revolved around wine so far. But Hugo was right, this was a break and it was nice not to be thinking about fashion for a little while. The plague doctor frowned at that thought. She did look lovely, leaning on the railing, wearing a modest deep blue dress. But then, Hugo was no slouch himself and he had taken her to see so many good looking people. Coraline had been ever so excited to see Vastaag and was very relieved that people didn't mind her enthusiasm for their home. She turned to face Hugo with a little twirl and smiled indulgently when she saw the helpsalot. The model seemed even more popular here than back home.

"I think I know what you mean darling, although I must admit I don't actually recall when fashion turned from a joy into work for me. And I know how you enjoy it but I still think you are barmy for wanting to do work on our vacation!" The former VK agent laughed, obviously teasing her nuke friend. "Tonight was a change, for me at least, so thank you very much for that juicey. And you're going to be modelling for me before the week is out, how will I ever find a way to repay you?" Coraline asked, shaking her head with every sign of earnest. [L&A roll, pass by 10] "You should enjoy as many different things as you can while we are here though, darling. After all, who knows when we'll have the chance again."

Last edited by Coraline on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Coraline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:52 pm

"Oh, I'd like to come back. Soon, too. Get a better ranking in the Beta-NL league on Jictar. And it's just so.. so nice here. Relaxing. Beautiful. And good company, too." He returned her nod with a wink, relaxing a little into the seats. He looked up at the beautiful stars and sighed again. "And I dunno how you'll repay me. You can think of something... Mmm, I know. Can you see if they have any more of those chocolate covered fruits. 'M getting a bit addicted."

Hugo drank more of whatever the Helpalot was pouring. It was syrupy and bubbled and even smelled expensive. "I could live here, you know, if my family wasn't so far away." Lost in revere, he didn't even seem to notice his slip into his native tongue.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Coraline on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:04 am

Coraline frowned at the mention of a league, but wrote it off after a moment as some sport she had no interest in. The plague doctor rolled her eyes at Hugo's request before pushing herself off the railing with a smirk. "Oh yes, right away sir and would you like me to feed them to your grace as well, sir?" She seemed to be enjoying teasing Hugo immensely, even as.she went about getting the Nuke his treat. Coraline was too distracted searching through the food to notice her companion's abrupt change of language. Her cybernetics on the other hand, responded in kind. "Yes, it is nice enough here for that and you could always pay for your family to come with you. Not to the same continent, obviously but its not as though you couldn't afford to. If you all wanted of course." [L&A roll pass by 4]
Coraline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:38 am

"But Tia would never leave. She's put years of her life into her store. She wouldn't leave. And between the connections with the UG and the rebels and the Feds, she feels nicely set up. And Dad.. I dunno. Heckle's doing classes, and Nando isn't even finished with secondardy school yet. And Dad... He seems happy. I don't know if he'd want to leave, or do good away from Tia or the kids. Tio wouldn't leave either and... It's home, you know? They don't need some fancy agent life." Hugo leaned up on his arms, looking Coraline over as she came back with the strawberries. He offered one to her, seeming as nostalgic as he was inebriated. "Not an option, sadly. Maybe in a few years."

He crunched through the shell of a chocolate covered strawberry, making a little moan of pleasure as a gush of liqueur filled his mouth. He focused back on the moment, and grinned at Coraline. "Sit, encantadora. Enjoy. We won't be back in Europa for at least another 45 minutes. Tell me about your family."
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Coraline on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:55 am

Coraline had listened intently to Hugo's reminiscing and made noises expressing how adorable she found it when he mentioned kids and still in scholl. The plague doctor flopped down next to him, lounging on her front. The petite shapeshifter seemed surprised to be asked after her own kin. "My family? My family, been a while since anyone asked to be honest." Still she seemed quite charmed by the notion. "Well theres only the three of us, so not as much to tell naturally. Me, Mum and Dad. Oh I mean, they have cousins and things but I've never met any of them. A family of only childs. Mom is an electrican, she gets called out to people's homes and things when she isn't doing work for the city, very serious as a person. No, thats no quite right... concientious. But never gruff or grumpy, you know none of this "your father and I have made an arranged marriage for you and we expect you to honour it" stuff. Dad is a musician, by trade and a workhorse by nature. Or maybe they got that confused at his birth, at least thats what he likes to tell people. Loves classical music, he's basically the CCO's biggest fan. Prefers the spooky more macbre stuff, you know having never done anything remotely dangerously in his life." Coraline giggled, miming her father's hypothetical attempt to use a gun. It was far from competent and therefore humurous, right? [L&A roll pass by 3]
Coraline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:13 am

Hugo grinned at the attempt. Her mime was far from accurate, but it was entertaining... And it was nice to see Coraline talk about herself. "And somehow you ended up as an agent, huh? You carry both of them with you. Creative and serious. It works nicely. Very.. neat." He took a deep draught of his bubbly drink, smiling over the rim of the glass. The waves lapped quietly against the side of the boat as the AI piloted it to the beautiful yacht back to Europa. The skyline was lit up beautiful, all neon colors and tall buildings. "..Damn, this drink is good, pi--...Encantadora." A weird look passed over his face, but he didn't elaborate.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Coraline on Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:16 am

Coraline raised a single eyebrow at Hugo's slip but let ut pass without comment. The fashionista turned her face towars the sea breeze and fished around for a glass of her own. "In that case, I don't mind if I do. Everything here is so good. Oh, the wine I found for the show, let's just say I had to get a bottle for myself. A souvenir so to speak. She held out her glass for the helpsalot to refill, grinning from ear to ear. "I do wonder about the agent thing sometimes. EI have so many agents, perhaps they have a quota to meet annually?" Coraline giggled at quite a high pitch and rose a hand up to stifle it. [L&A pass by 3]
Coraline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:30 pm

"More money'n'sense." He giggled, voice low. "Don't mean to quote the Fed, but it's what they say. No need for agents when you c'n have a standing army, y'see. Makes more financial sense. No need for agents when you have police, military police, everyone trained to look out and trained to shoot." He sounded slightly appraising, and then shrugged with a shoulder. He chomped another strawberry, wiping some alcohol from his lip with his thumb. "Makes sense, you know, no one could ever invade. ...But it's boring as hell. Never visit, encantadora, you'd be bored to tears."

He licked the booze from his thumb, giving her another wink. "Might be a boon. You EI kids know how to party. Mikhail certainly did." He gave another happy low giggle.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Coraline on Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:40 pm

Coraline looked puzzled for a moment before realising what Hugo meant. She nodded, feeling foolish. "No need for as many agents, at least. The fed still need some, UAS particularly. And I don't know about it making more financial sense, I was under the impression EI had almost allll the money for a reason. Or perhaps I've been misled by more corporate propaganda. [L&A roll pass by 7] She nodded along as Hugo continued to talk, smiling warmly as he complimented herself and their former host. "Certainly he did - I can only hope the show is so successful. Oh, there I go again." The plague doctor rolled her eyes at herself, before musing quietly, "I wonder what else Mikhail knows."

Coraline sipped at her wine, god it was good, before proping herself up on an elbow. "You're no slouch at parties yourself, you know. Hell, you're good company all around really. Thanks again, juicey" A few things were making more sense to Coraline, Silvia and her relationship with Hugo in particular.
Coraline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:55 pm

Hugo began to slide down the cushions, dangling his feet off the side of the boat. His head hung off the bed, and despite it all, he managed to keep drinking even upside down. It was impressive. "Why thank you encantadora. You're fine company. I think we put quite a good face on Oracle for those charming EI folks. They're people who don't take theft personally. I got the impression they were rooting for us a bit, didn't you?" He sounded delighted and happy, grinning as he looked up at the stars and Saturn and Coraline. "The corps hate us but I think maybe people, people don't. Maybe they're as fed up as we are with all their shit, you think?" He was smiling a little, and then went back to the complicated glass tilting maneuver that allowed him to drink upside down.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Coraline on Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:17 pm

Coraline certainly seemed to appreciate Hugo's ability to drink even upside down, giving him a brief round of applause. "I should jolly well hope we left a good impression, at that. Especially given how cute you are Juice. Some of EI take it personally, we do have those Future Boys after us, after all. In general EI root for themselves or whatever is funniest, we often slot nicely into one of those catergories." Still the petite plague doctor seemed pleased with Hugo's appraisals. To her friend looking up at her, Coraline seemed suddenly older as she spoke again. "The only trouble there is that the corps control so much of what people think. Imagine if Bright and Sunny were to take a misliking to us. People liking us certainly wouldn't last. But hey, is talking about politics really what we ought to be doing here and now, on this lovely yatcht in this beautiful sea? While we're happy, served and ever so slightly drunk? No I say, time to be making merry!" With that the ex VK agent flopped down happily next to her best friend. [L&A roll pass by 5]
Coraline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:25 pm

"Oh, you're going to need a straw. No way you can do this." He took another sip of his drinking, licking his lips to avoid spilling even a drop. He smiled. His cheeks were warm from drinking. "Bright and Sunny, hell, the whole world will love us as long as we seem like.. rebels. No, the underdog!" He gave a tiny little bark and then a howl, obviously acting out his underdoggian nature. He laughed, then grabbed another strawberry. His heals kicked at the sky, his weight just barely shaking the tiny pleasure cruiser.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Coraline on Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:36 pm

"Eheheheheh, hehehe. Oh, Hugo, we may have a hard time selling that after de-orbiting a space station." Coraline thanked the Helpsalot that brought her a straw and attempted to sip daintly on her drink. This had mixed results. After only a little coughing, Coraline lay back and rested her head against Hugo's shoulder/upper arm. "So I suppose we'll just have to dig up dirt on the corps who hate us, like the energetic little underdogs that we are!" The little fashionista radiated smugness as she giggled into Hugo's arm. [L&A roll pass by 4]
Coraline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:49 pm

Hugo bumped his head into Coraline's as a partial nuzzle, sloppy from drink but loving. "Nothing was in the space station but pain, and if we cared enough we could prove it. Prove all of them are shit. Dig up dirt on everyone. Be heroes!" He howled again, this time in wolf-inspired laughter. "Fuck 'em all, kill the Ai-Jinn! Take the stick outta Comoros' ass and stab those fascist Shi Yukiro mother fuckers with it, then fry them, then give the Fed some booze and a party, leave the Free States alone and leave nothing but Varstaag and drugs in the EI. Yes, yes perfect!" He talked himself into a passionate but still jokey frenzy, laughing again and trying to drink upside down, this time missing and spilling some syrupy booze down his cheek.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Coraline on Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:28 pm

Coraline laughed in dumbstruck amazement at Hugo's statements, her mouth hanging open. She attempted several times to start saying something but was overwhelmed by her own laughter. She was charmed certainly, but her nuke friend definitely hadn't considered the wider implications of his words. Eventually she managed to stutter out, "ah-ah H-Hugo, could-could we also, ahah, keep the EI's heh-health service? And whu-what if, ahem, what if the fascist motherfuckers have some dirt hidden in the free states? Eeehehehe." [L&A roll pass by 7] Coraline gently teased her friend but there was some concern evident in her voice. The plague doctor reached up to wipe away the split liquid and then laid her arm across Hugo's chest. Applying perhaps, a little more pressure down onto him than was strictly necessary.
Coraline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Drama Dice, they know.

Post  Hugo on Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:38 pm

Hugo took Coraline's arm from his chest, and with every sign of enjoyment, licked the strawberry flavored alcohol from her finger. He grinned widely and leaned back, still crowing with triumphant excitement. "Have you ever been to the Free States? There's nothing BUT dirt, there! But it's fine, we'll punch those tyrannical racists in the face. You never met my aunt, but she'd punch 'em even harder. No secrets in her soil. No pollutants, either. You could roll your babies in it and they'd only get happier and fatter." He laughed again, only dimly aware that Coraline might not pick up on the finer workings of his dirt farming family. He held her hand down on his chest, his thumb under her palm. He voice calmed somewhat as he continued, half-singing, "But we can keep the medical stuff. And the cybernetics. And the robots. Oooh, and the food. Yes, we'll keep the food from the EI. And the booze. Mm, oh yes, the booze."

He managed to find his mouth this time, draining the heavily alcoholic drink. He chuckled again, feet still gently kicking at the stars.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Coraline on Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:50 pm

Coraline giggled and squirmed beside Hugo in response to his licking. She smiled and nuzzled the nuke's arm as he spoke, bidding her time. "Good, I'm especially fond of all of those things, as well you know Juicey." Once he had finished his drink, the plague doctor seized the initiative and tickled her friend's ribs. After a moment of doing so she leaped up and began to run away, cackling happily as she did so. The ex VK agent must have known she could not outrun the nuke but ran along the side of yacht nonetheless. The plague doctor meant to be subtle about trying to trick Hugo into falling over the side while chasing her. [Fail ref+athletics by 7]
Coraline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:11 pm

Hugo was still chuckling, but it was hard to tell if he was being tickled or high amused at the tiny cyberneticists' antics. He moved, trying to grab her hands, and as she jumped up to run, he followed her. He was unsteady on his feet at first, but dropped the glass and followed, stepping along the deck. It took him only a second to get to her, grabbing her wrists easily. (Pass agility+athletics by 8, and agility+cc to grab by five.) He held her arms above her head, hands tight around her wrists, lifting her off the ground so she couldn't get traction as she struggled. And she did struggle, but Hugo merely laughed, brows raised. "What was that about? You should know I'm not very ticklish."

(Hugo is winning the grapple by 4 at the end of this post.)
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Coraline on Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:23 pm

"Ahhhh! [L&A roll pass by 5] Coraline screamed as she was lifted up but could not stop giggling. As Hugo spoke she pouted, peeved that he had found a way to invalidate her struggling. "Ouh! And how was I to know that, precisely?" The plague doctor raised her eyebrows and struck as sassy a pose as she was able while grappled. He thought he was so clever using his strength to lift her up like that, but no way was she letting him have it all his own way. The ex VK agent pulled with her arms, lifting herself up. At first this seemed like a futile attempt to free her hands, until Coraline wrapped her legs around Hugo's chest for more leverage.

(Unfortunately, this did NOT work, leaving Hugo winning by 24)
Coraline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:36 pm

Hugo looked down at Coraline's legs and laughed in moderate surprise. She was trying to get leverage, surely, and nothing more, but Hugo had the upper hand. And he lifted his arms a little more, closer together and behind her, so if his follow agent let go she would be hanging above the ground and too far away to try this trick again. As it was, he was pulling her slightly back... But there was no ill intent in the big dumb agent's heart, just drunken amusement. "Did the EI teach you nothing? I thought you were a doctor, encantadora. No Fed agent is ticklish. Never have been. Not since Tex started." He was attempting to lie, but anyone could have seen through it. (Fail L&A by 8.) He looked down at her, suppressing a giggle, before asking "And what's THIS all about?" He looked down to her legs, where her dress was beginning to slide upward from her, uh, grappling.

(Hugo wins the grapple with an XS of 36. ...He should super get the restrain training.)
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Coraline on Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:49 pm

Coraline had let out another little yelp as Hugo tipped her backwards and blushing a deep crimson, contrasting against her dress. She laughed in embarrassment and tried to wiggle free, struggling against the nuke's hands and squeezing his chest with her legs for more leverage. Feeble squirming was all Coraline accomplished and with another little moan she realised it. To make matters worse the poor fashionista couldn't stop laughing. "Shut up! THIS was me trying to stop you... haahahahha, ohhhh fuck." The ex VK agent sighed and failed to suppress her blush cybernetically. [L&A pass by 6] Coraline bit down on her lower lip and squeezed Hugo with her legs reflexively, as it occurred to her that she would be in an even worse position if she let go. The plague doctor peered up at Hugo with a pleading expression. "You... won't tickle me, will you?"
Coraline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:56 pm

"You know, I wasn't going to, but now..." A wicked smile passed his face, and he was easily able to collect both of her wrists into one of his hand, freeing up the other one for... ..Nothing. He rested it gently on the small of her back. "I still won't. I could never be as mean as to tickle someone when they weren't expecting it, let alone when they were prepared. ...Let go, I'll put you down." He brought her hands forward, lowering them, bringing her closer while he made it easier for her to unhook her legs from around him. His heightened amusement was cooling somewhat as Coraline seemed helpless.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Coraline on Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:07 pm

Coraline made a little whimpering noise as she braced for Hugo to tickle her, only to sigh in relief when he didn't. The little fashionista shook slightly as the nuke moved her around. She looked nervously at him as she began to unhook her legs, not entirely certain that he wouldn't tickle her. The plague doctor was breathing slightly heavily as her feet once again touched the ground. Once Hugo let go of her hands Coraline smoothed down her dress, while deliberately not meeting his gaze. After a moment she moved to hug her friend, wrapping her arms around and collapsing into him. "Hoooh, hehe that - was fun. You are a dreadful tease though, you know." [L&A roll pass by 8] She considered forcibly shutting down his cybernetics but Hugo had not tickled her, even if he did tease her about it. Coraline settled for squeezing him instead.
Coraline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo on Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:33 pm

Hugo gently placed his arms around her, giving an incredulous laugh. "Me?? A tease? Never. I wasn't the one who started tickling, you know." He cast a glance around for the Helpsalot, his glass, and the strawberries. Locating them, he picked Coraline up with and arm and strode back to their seats. He plopped her down on the cushions as if she was no more than an afterthought and sat next to her. Una rested luxuriously on the pillow across the deck, admiring the stars and thinking about whatever it was guns thought about. And Hugo was happy. "All I wanted to do was drink with a pretty friend." He waggled a teasing finger at her, and then got his glass back and held it out for a refill.
Hugo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top