The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 66: Everything's Going Well

2 posters

Go down

Week 66: Everything's Going Well Empty Week 66: Everything's Going Well

Post  Shinobu Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:09 pm

Shinobu couldn't help whistling an upbeat tone as she walked around Jerusalem, mentally leafing through her notes on the stories of rescued captives. On the whole this week had been quite a fun experience, despite being stuck in a city full of weak old religion. As she headed back to the barracks to freshen up, she noticed Hugo across the crowd, facing away from her. A playful grind spread across her face as she pulled out her PDA and sent him a message.

hey j! look behind you! ( ゚▽゚)/
Shinobu
Shinobu

Back to top Go down

Week 66: Everything's Going Well Empty Re: Week 66: Everything's Going Well

Post  Hugo Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:15 pm

Hugo--who was less amused--turned around and scanned over the crowd. He had to do so twice before he spotted Shinobu. He looked a little nervous as she approached, but hey, she was talk to him now, so that was good, right? He gave a little wave and stood, huge but avoided by most of the crowds, looking a little lost.
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobu Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:23 pm

Shinobu strolled over to Hugo, weaving between passing civilians, and looked up at him with concern when she saw his nervous expression. "Something wrong?" Silvia was back, everyone else was back, Hugo had been busy making sure they were all okay - so he shouldn't have anything to be nervous about, right?
Shinobu
Shinobu

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:34 pm

"Well, I'm glad you don't hate me." Hugo gave another little smile, and sighed. Lots and lots of things were wrong, but... He reached up and rubs his temple, looking exhausted. "..But it's.. been a motherfucking week, you know? But I think I found a house to buy, you know.. in case we come back. Or.. for everyone's whose not leaving." 'Everyone', in this case, was Silvia.
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobu Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:46 pm

Shinobu raised an eyebrow. "When you say 'not leaving', you mean just for now, right? I mean this place is nice and all, but God'll know I wouldn't want to live here long-term. As for it being 'a motherfucking week'... Well, I did warn you not to stretch yourself too far. I guess you've been running all over the place trying to make people comfortable, right?"
Shinobu
Shinobu

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:58 pm

Hugo wrapped an arm around Shinobu, pulling her in for a hug. "Don't worry, I like Seoul, and I like our house. I wouldn't live here full time. But it's safe, and we need a place that's better than the HQ's bunks. If only so Una can fit on the bed with me." He let Shinobu go, sighing a little. "And I have been.. busy. With... people." There was a far more hesitation in those few words than truly warranted.
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobu Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:03 pm

Ooh, that sounded interesting. "People, huh?" Shinobu asked, looking up at Hugo innocently without any ulterior motives at all. "What kind of people? Ones I don't know?"
Shinobu
Shinobu

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:21 pm

Hugo looked down at Shinobu, but there wasn't much amusement in it. He shook his head, "I.. Silvia and I.. I.. I don't know." He trailed off, still shaking his head slowly as if to get an idea out of his head. "But mostly.. I was trying to figure out the, the psychic guy, his name, or.. where he was from and... Devoted. Just, a bunch burst in, psi-bladed him into pieces. He was unconscious. Couldn't even defend himself, and I.. It happened so fast, I was across the room.. I don't..." He shrugged, deflating a little. "Just.. tons of fucking blood."
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobu Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:47 pm

Shinobu looked troubled. "I guess he must have done something pretty bad, then, whoever he was. Or got the wrong people mad, at least. He... didn't exactly seem like a nice guy, J. I'm not saying we should have left him up there to die, or that he deserved being killed like that, but..." She trailed off, not really sure how to get the point that he was obviously a danger across to the dumb kind agent who'd practically put himself right in the psychic's firing line.
Shinobu
Shinobu

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:55 pm

Hugo looked gloomy, though Shinobu could jut hear a little anger in his words. "No one would be a nice guy, being locked up somewhere like that." And besides his anger, there was a little bit of guilt in his words too; everyone was back, but if they hadn't been...

"Did he do something bad? Or was he just.. someone bad? Or was he not bad at all and the Order are just as nasty as the Ai Jinn and everyone else?" He sighed, his face settling into a dour expression.
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobu Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:16 pm

"I don't know, J. Perhaps he took the answers to the grave." Shinobu spoke solemnly, obviously sharing Hugo's concern. ((OOC: Passed Pres + L&A by 13)) She didn't actually mean anything she said, but felt like it would hurt Hugo to explain to him that how the mysterious psychic came to be the man he was didn't matter in the slightest and if he was that dangerous then his death was for the better of everyone. Hugo had come out far better from this murder than he could have if the telepath had lived, Shinobu was certain of that... but as his friend, she couldn't bring herself to break his delusions.

"Whatever it was that led to his death, whoever was bad... You make sure to stay nice, okay? It's very important."
Shinobu
Shinobu

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:21 pm

Hugo raised an eyebrow after a moment, Shinobu's words coming back to him. "...What? Stay nice? What do you mean?" His words warmed as he spoke, and but the end of his question he seemed a little bit less grim... And much more curious.
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobu Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:54 pm

Shinobu looked at Hugo melancholy smile. "You're the nicest person I know, Hugo. You're just so well-meaning and innocent at heart, even in this terrible world. That's not something you see every day, or even every month. So please, just try and stay that way. It's... good," the ninja concluded, not really looking at him.
Shinobu
Shinobu

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:02 pm

"Oh, hermana." Hugo pulled the small apparently-woman closer into his arms and gave her a loving if slightly rib crushing hug. He kissed her forehead before releasing her. There was a soft, bemused smile on his face. "I don't think I'm that nice, but it.. I.. it makes me happy to think you think I am. And glad that me being worried that you hated me was dumb."
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobu Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:34 pm

Shinobu smiled, inwardly glad for having had body plates fitted, and returned the hug before letting go with Hugo. "Worrying like that is just who you are, I like it. Sorry for shouting at you the other day, I... was too busy worrying about myself, but it's fine now. It's good to know I have you around to back me up, even when we aren't both on the same mission."

Shinobu then reached into her bag and pulled out a plain brown box. "Here, I made this for you. Cake. It's not got much flavour compared to the kind of stuff we have back home, but it's hard to get much with a real kick around here." Inside the box was a simple bland-looking cake, small and not very exciting.
Shinobu
Shinobu

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:44 pm

"Made? As in.. you made me this? With your hands?" He peeked at the cake, eyebrows raising and his smile growing. He inhaled. Oh, yes, that was cake alright. "Mmm.. And what do you mean, not on the same mission? You're coming to Yellowknife, right?"

He gave Shinobu an eager little look. Obviously he wanted her to come.
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobu Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:04 pm

Shinobu nodded. "Of course I'm coming! How could I sit at home when something that big's happening, huh? But I've been on other missions without you, and vice-versa, and it helps to know you're there to come back to." She matched Hugo's eager look, clearly ready to run off and break into Yellowknife right this moment. "Y'know, you, Silvia, all the stuff we do... It pushes me forwards, keeps me going for the best. And you damn well bet we're gonna make tons of money off this mission, come back to Silvia, and spend it on the best damn time ever!"
Shinobu
Shinobu

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:18 pm

Hugo grinned, moving the cake to his own bag. One of his eyebrows raised. "So did we decide on actually going to Varstaag? Because I'm.. I think that would be great. Lots of stuff that would be nice to see in space. Never went when I visited AMS, which seems a shame." He wiped his tired eyes, looking for a moment, nostalgic.
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down