The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 66, Mid-Week: No Rest for the Wicked

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Week 66, Mid-Week: No Rest for the Wicked Empty Week 66, Mid-Week: No Rest for the Wicked

Post  Hugo Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:20 am

Silvia hasn't seen much of Hugo for the past few days. He was always around, buying things and dropping them off, his Biostatus monitor on and reporting his presence, and he checked in on her frequently, but except for night, he didn't... hang around much. And at night, he collapsed into bed and seemed still, but Silvia couldn't exactly say she'd seen him sleep, much.

As expected, Hugo came in after dark, looking tired. He flashed Silvia a small smile, but said nothing, and fell with a flop onto his bed. It may have been playful, but he also did seem.. exhausted.
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Week 66, Mid-Week: No Rest for the Wicked Empty Re: Week 66, Mid-Week: No Rest for the Wicked

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:27 am

For a moment, Silvia lay there, unsure as to what to say. Things with Hugo had been...odd. After a moment, she sighed. She should probably...talk.

"Hugo?" she said, softly, not looking towards him. "Are you...okay? You look...tired."
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Week 66, Mid-Week: No Rest for the Wicked Empty Re: Week 66, Mid-Week: No Rest for the Wicked

Post  Hugo Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:31 am

"Hmm? Oh.. I'm okay. Maybe a little tired, yeah." Hugo picked his head up a little and gave Silvia another reassuring smile, though he looked more, sounded more than a little tired. He cleared his throat, trying to put more warmth in his words. "I feel like I walked over every inch of the city trying to find enough agent food for everyone. It's not like they're used to feeding us cybernetic monsters." He wasn't taking the blatant distrust of his very being personally, though. "It's not so bad, but I didn't want to leave Jin stranded without enough snacks to keep Han happy. And stuff for Fenrir and us, too."
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:11 am

"Oh." Silvia's voice was...thoughtful, as though she were considering something. After a moment, she spoke again, still not facing Hugo.

"I'm...I'm sorry. You've...you've been doing all this work. For us. Me and Fenris and Han and this Jin woman. And I've been...I've not been doing much."
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:21 am

Hugo was quiet for a moment before he began to chuckle. It wasn't loud, but it was.. amused. "..What would you do, picarita? I'm just moving things around. I.. I really have the muscles for it now. I can't do medical stuff, I can't provide therapy... There's not much else for me to do." There was only a tiny bit of frustration in his words. He rolled over, facing her. He struggled under his bag, sliding it it off his body and unceremoniously onto the floor.

"Besides, you need to work on getting better. Don't worry about me, I'm just trying to be helpful without getting into anyone's way." He couldn't help looking at her, now, as he lay stomach down on the bed.
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:46 am

Silvia was lying on her back, eyes looking up towards the ceiling. From Hugo's position, Silvia's expression was hard to tell.

"I...yes, okay. That...that all makes sense. It just feels...I don't know, I just feel kind of...useless. I mean...I got myself captured, everyone had to come rescue me and now I'm...kind of just sitting here. Letting you do all the work around here." She sighed, and turned her head to face him. Her expression was worried. "Sorry, I...I know that's...not what I should be feeling like. Not your fault."
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:54 am

Hugo simultaneously smiled more and looked more concerned as Silvia faced him. His voice was low in volume and pitch, comforting. "Picara, there's no.. 'should be' with how you feel, I don't think. Not in general, and especially not.. not now. After all that." He moved his hand under his head, supporting it. "But.. if you feel useless, you can go visit Fenrir. She's kind of a wreck. The opposite of you. Even, even more emotional than normal."

He shrugged, gently, and rolled over onto his back to unzip his jacket. His head dangled off the beg, and he kept eye contact. "There's just.. not much any of us can do. I think all of us feel a bit.. useless. ..I do." Before she could protest or dwell on his words too much, he continued in a slightly more nervous tone, "Hey, you-you know how I should tell you things, and.. not not tell you?"
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:19 am

Silvia looked like she was about to say something, but Hugo's final comment was enough to distract her. She frowned, looking a little worried. "Um...yeah? Why? Is there...is there something you need to...to tell me?"
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:24 am

"Y-yeah. Don't be mad, but.. I started looking for your brother. Well, not me, but I have a guy doing it. He.. he's very good." Hugo moved on his side, and he was wincing slightly, just slightly enough to indicate he was expecting to be yelled at. "There's nothing, you know, nothing serious yet. Nothing confirmed. But.. Er.. He is, or, he seems like, he's alive. And in Taiwan." He frowned; that wasn't the whole story, but he was waiting to see her reaction.
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:46 am

Silvia seemed to...stop for a moment, her expression shifting to a mixture of concern and guilt. It wasn't as though she had forgotten about the search for Yuki, but...it had kind of slipped to the back of her mind. And suddenly here was Hugo with more news. Big news.

"Is...is he okay?" she asked, tentatively. "I mean...Taiwan, that...that's basically a war zone. Right? I...If something's happened to him..." She trailed off, not entirely sure how to end the sentence. "I...don't know what I'd do. I mean...he's my baby brother. Or...he was."
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:53 am

"Well, uh, at the time, this was last year, he was.. He was fine. It's.. it's an old lead, but it sounds.. er.. promising." He licked his lips nervously. Silvia didn't seem mad, but the imagine of baby brother didn't really fit with the story he had heard. He sighed. "This guy.. He said the guy who looked like, was named Yuki, well.. He was in a place called Dongshi, apparently a really bad part on the outskirts of an old city. He was.. smuggling weapons. Kinda.. intimidating, apparently."

Hugo realized how horrible this sounded, and added, "If he's as tough as this guy though he was, though, he'll.. He's probably fine now. Uh."
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:00 am

"Smuggling...weapons?" Silvia sounded rather surprised - and more than a little worried. "In Dongshi? That's...that's not good. I mean...some pretty bad stuff must have happened to...to put him out there. Doing...doing that." Then a thought seemed to strike her and her brow furrowed. "I...I wonder if my parents knew. Whether they had...any connection to him. Whether..." She paused again, her train of thought taking another sharp turn. "Whether he...ran away or...or whatever..."

Last edited by Silvia Tsukuda on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:08 am

"No reason to, to jump to any conclusions yet. My guy's going over there to check out the story. Well, no, he should be over there by now. He's.. he's good. He'll find out more and when he does, you'll be the first to know." Hugo smiled at her again, reaching across the space between the beds to put his hand on Silvia's. Dermal scaling made his palms rough, but they were warm, and she could feel how hard he was trying to be gentle.

His eyes closed a bit sleepily, and he gave her fingers a tiny squeeze. "It's okay, picarita. When we find him, you'll see him, we'll make sure he's safe, we'll take care of him. It.. it might not be for a while but, but.. it'll be soon." His dark eyes looked over her face, worry visible past his reassuring expression. He was desperate to make sure she was okay, more obviously now than normal.
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:19 pm

"Okay, okay." Silvia seemed to be reassured by Hugo's words, at least a bit, and her fingers twined around his, as if looking for something to hold on to. "I'm...thanks. For all this. It's...you didn't have to. And it...it means a lot that you did. I...I appreciate it. And I'm sure he will too." She paused for a second, another thought striking, and her fingers tightened slightly on Hugo's. "At least, I hope he will..."
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:41 pm

"Of course he will. You're his sister." Hugo knit his fingers and hers together, tsking slightly at her words. "Siblings, they love you, no matter what happens, and..." He leaned over the space between the beds. "..And they might have told him, you were dead, or lost, too. They didn't.. seem to say the truth much, not with your family."

He seemed to realize a few seconds too late this was kind of a morbid thing to say, and he frowned a little. "It'll be okay, sweetness. I promise."
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:18 pm

"No, I don't think they were very good with the whole honesty thing." Silvia's voice was showing an edge of bitterness now - her opinion of the Shi Yukiro had been dropping recently. "And...I don't know, we were never exactly close." The bitterness had disappeared now, to be replaced by worry. "I mean...we cared for each other, I guess, but...a lot of time's gone by. Even if it doesn't really feel like it. Anything might have happened to him. But...thank you. Again."
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:30 pm

Hugo's brow furrowed. "No matter how long it's been, your family is still your family." He slid across the bed, putting his other hand on hers. He was now dangling off the bed a little. His brow furrowed, and his face got a little dark. "Well, your brothers are always your brothers at least. That'll never change."

He seemed concerned for a second, and took a moment to shake his thoughts away. He squeezed her hands a little more, doing his best not to slide off the bed.
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:15 am

"Well, he...he might still be my brother, but he's...he's not going to be the same brother, if you know what I mean. I just...hope he...he's not too different." She sighed, the concerned expression on her face clearly visible to Hugo. "And...from what you say, it sounds like he will be." There was another moment of awkward silence and then she spoke again.

"Uh...careful, Hugo. You...you look like you're about to fall off."
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:21 am

Hugo kept hold of Silvia's hands, and started the complicated maneuver that moved him horizontal across the bed. He managed to get to a more stable position, giving her a little apologetic grin as he did so. "I'd move the beds closer, but I don't want to.. get in your space."

He sighed a little and closed his eyes for a second before he looked back at Silvia's pretty if concerned face. "He'll still care about you, picara. Even if everything else changes, that doesn't. Everything else is just.. just extra."
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:05 am

"I...I hope so," Silvia replied, but without too much confidence. For a moment more, she was silent, staring just past Hugo. Then, cautiously, she spoke again, still not quite able to meet Hugo's eyes.

"You know, I...don't mind you being...in my space. I mean, I understand if you don't...don't want to," she added, hastily, "But I...I don't mind. I mean it...it's nice. You being...in my space."
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:19 am

Hugo seemed surprised at Silvia's assertion that she didn't mind him being close. He blinked a few times and tried to lower his raised eyebrows. He cleared his throat before he spoke. "..Are you sure? I.. Uh.. Okay. I.. I need my hands back, though."

All of Hugo's movements were so, so gentle. He always watched himself with Silvia, but now he was acting as if she was made of eggshells. He managed to extricate his hands with some careful effort, and then slid off the other side of his bed. With what appeared to be very little effort, he pushed the bunk the few feet until their mattresses were touching.

He said nothing as he god back into bed, though his expression was guilty as he put his hands back on Silvia's, now laying much closer to her.

Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:38 am

Silvia sat up to watch Hugo moving the furniture around with a slightly guilty expression. When he lay back down, she lay down too, settling what was probably closer to him than Hugo had expected. "Thanks," she murmured, closing her eyes. "It...that feels better." She did look more relaxed, just from Hugo moving closer.
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:58 am

"Oh." Silvia may have had her eyes closed, but she could hear the surprise in his voice. He had not expected that at all. Hell, he was still shocked she even wanted to be in the same room as him. The massive agent looked down at her, keeping his hands on hers as he tried to gauge her reaction. He could see how relaxed she was and.. And she had been alone for days, she hadn't been able to sleep, and she understandably liked--well, he, he could see she wanted to be close, she liked it, wanted to be protected. He was being stupid not to think she needed some physical contact after all that. That was it, she wanted comfort, he shouldn't read or worry too much about it.

And... His own eyes felt heavy. He struggled a little as he kicked off his boots. He left one hand on Silvia while he peeled off his jacket. He wanted to get ready for bed, but here, seeing her more relaxed than he'd seen her in days, he couldn't just.. leave her, even if it was only to get into his sweatpants for sleep. After a few more twists a only a tiny amount of grunting, he took off his shirt and threw it to the ground. The whole exercise only took him half a minute or so to get suitably if not completely ready for bed, and he preemptively silenced any worries from Silvia by asking in a very quiet voice, "Can I.. May I.. hold you?
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvia Tsukuda Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:41 pm

"Yes!" The word was out before she could even think, just blurted out. She flushed with embarrassment and looked away, unable to make eye contact with Hugo. "Um...I mean...yes. That...that's fine. I...I'd like that." She still couldn't make eye contact, staring up at the ceiling instead. "Sorry, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound so...so eager."
Silvia Tsukuda
Silvia Tsukuda

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugo Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:57 pm

Hugo stared at Silvia for a moment before moving silently to embrace her. He wrapped his arms around her, letting her use his arm as a large if somewhat lumpy pillow. He was still treating her, touching her as if she might shatter. He let her settle and almost surely hide her face, before he asked in a somewhat amused voice, "..Are.. are you that eager?"
Hugo
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next