Interview with a drunk GM

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Interview with a drunk GM

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:57 pm

ME: What ever happened in Madrid?
MATT: Everyone died. Full scale war.
ME: What, why?
MATT: All the civilians tried to hide, but it turns out you can't hide from EI Nukes.
ME: Why did the Nu--
MATT: Collateral damage.
ME: ..Oh. Wow. Everyone died.
MATT: YEP. AS far as the Nuke's were concerned, they were fighting the spire itself.
ME: Which they were.
MATT: Yep. And the only other people who went in there were after them were Malenbrach. It wasn't looking good for them.
ME: Man, it seems like every time we as players have a chance to intervene, and then don't, the thing the UIG does to 'fix it'--
MATT: Is much worse than anything you could have done? YUP.
ME: Is that so we actually intervene?
MATT: YUP.
ME: And we never do?
MATT: YUP.
---------------------------------------------------------
Remember, everyone, you can lead a player to water but you can't get them to investigate all the dead horses. Or swim.
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Interview with a drunk GM

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:00 pm

MATT: It's not that people don't investigate, it's that they do it as a side action.. or even spend a full action, and look at it and go.. Yep, that's happening. Sometimes, you just need to go get a bunch of guys from Oracle together and break into a place and figure out what's going on. Since it'll be worth A LOT OF MONEY*. But they'll go, "It's a super high security spire, how do we do it?" And the answer is, You're in fucking Oracle, do your goddamn job.

* Added in this is also: Save a lot of lives, though Matt didn't explicitly say it, since Keelung/Taiwan, Madrid, etc.
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:07 pm

MATT *increasingly drunk*: SERIOUSLY, grow a pair and BUST IN THE JOINT. What, do you think I am gonna kill you all in the first ten minutes? Come on.
ME: Would you?
MATT: No. Of course not. That wouldn't be fun at all. I'm just the GM. I don't have any power.
ME: So would you wait to the end of the session?
MATT: Nah, probably mid-way, when the layers of gradual stupidity people have been building get to a point where I can no longer ignore them.
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SosieTerrehaute on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:14 pm

This conversation happened like.. a week ago.

ME: Oh my GOD.

ME: 'Johnny makes love to a dummy; says 'Ain't it good to be alive'.' ...That guy they blackmailed with the meat dolls. Makes love to a dummy. JONATHAN GEIGER. Oh my god we blackmailed one of the Future Boys. Accidentally. Ahahahaha.
MATT: *very very faint smile*
ME: I'm right, aren't I? Wow. That is some planning. I knew I knew his name from somewhere on the meatdoll mission.
MATT: *whispering* The game is a delicate and elaborate tapestry of plot.. ..that no one cares about.
SosieTerrehaute

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top