The Oracle Corporation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 43- Hospital Visit

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 43- Hospital Visit Empty Week 43- Hospital Visit

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:20 pm

Parvati had been let through the various checks of the hospital, and the chip check that had been run. She knocked on the door of the room and stepped inside once she was acknowledged. She carried her bag over one shoulder and was dressed in a simple red Sari.

She smiled as she entered "Hey, Xu." she offered as an opener "I heard you were injured." she says aware of how lame it sounded.
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Week 43- Hospital Visit Empty Re: Week 43- Hospital Visit

Post  Wei Xu Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:47 pm

"Ah, Parvati." Xu was seated by a desk, dressed in a standard dark yellow hospital gown. On the desk was a PDA that he seemed to be doing something on, but put down as he saw her approach. His mouth twitched in what might have been a smile at her words.

"You could say that," he agreed. "Still, I seem to have got out of it without dying, which is a plus."
Wei Xu
Wei Xu

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:52 pm

She smiles "indeed, my prayers went to Vishnu when I heard." She frowns slightly "Should you really be up and around so quickly?" she asks moving to take a seat and watching him carefully. "Last thing you want to do is bust any of the repairs."

She opens her bag and starts to go through it carefully. "I thought I'd come and offer a hand if you want it." she says offhandedly.
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Wei Xu Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:00 pm

"It's kind of you to offer," Xu said, "but really, I don't think there's all that much you could do. They've pretty much rebuilt all the fleshy bits, as far as I can tell. Now they're just letting it all integrate properly and starting to look at some of the cybernetic stuff. I do appreciate the offer, though."
Wei Xu
Wei Xu

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:08 pm

"Thats good to know." she says with a smile "Still I thought it best to come and help. The offers there if you need it." She pulls out a silver tower from her bag which by its size seems to have taken up most of the bag, which does slump a little as the tower is removed, bound with what looks to be string.

"I... I cooked a few things when I heard, its kind of what I do when I get nervous..." She says slightly apologetically "I don't know what the food is like here but if its anything like back home..."
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Wei Xu Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:18 pm

A smile appeared on Xu's face as Pavarti brought out the food, and it even seemed to be genuine.

"Food, you say? Well, the food here is pretty decent, but there's just not enough of it. I don't think they're used to Agents here, to tell the truth. Thank you very much."
Wei Xu
Wei Xu

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:25 pm

She smiles "Its nothing fancy, just some Samosas, pakora's and such as well as a curry or two. I made them myself. I can't really say that they're perfect but I did my best. I tried to use the best ingredients that I could including Fresh milk." she says with a thin smile.

Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Wei Xu Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:41 pm

"Parvati, I've seen your cooking." Xu's voice had a rather wry undertone. "If I remember correctly - and I'm fairly sure I do - it was some of the best I'd ever encountered. Certainly better than anything I can manage. Possibly better than anything Han could manage, although don't tell him I said that. And where the hell did you get fresh milk?"

He took the tower carefully and placed it on the desk, taking every possible effort not to spill it.
Wei Xu
Wei Xu

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:03 pm

"Its not that hard when you own a cow, Positron ships me a container full down every week." she says with an impish smile "most of it goes for making Ghee which I either use myself or send to some of the temples I know that aren't too far away." She says with a smile. "but I always keep some back for cooking with."
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Wei Xu Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:28 pm

"Really? Quite the investment you have there. Though I imagine it really does improve the cooking." Xu sat back, seemingly quite at ease.

"So, is there anything that's been happening in the outside world I should know about? I don't really get to hear much in here beyond what's on the news channels. It's really rather frustrating."
Wei Xu
Wei Xu

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:46 pm

"Oracle money," she says with a shrug "Besides I don't have particularly expensive tastes or desires so I don't have a lot of other drains on my income. So its just sitting there in my bank account until I can think of a way to actually use it to help people."

"As for news... Not a lot that I've heard, been in Keelung mostly myself watching the two nervous goliaths try not to upset the delicate table." She says with a shrug "I don't see a lot of the other guys that often."
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Wei Xu Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:06 am

"Really? It might be an idea. The rest of us can be quite useful on occasion. As for Keelung..." Xu let his voice trail off. "That place really sounds rather dangerous at the moment. Is it really a good idea to be hanging around there? No offence, but if it were me, I think I'd have got out of there rather a while ago."
Wei Xu
Wei Xu

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:27 am

"There are good people there, Good people who haven't got anyone or anywhere to go. All they have are each other and now they're being caught in the middle of a fight they didn't ask for or want. It feels wrong to just let them hang alone. They're the sort of people we were taught that we were here to look out for." She says with a set to her face.

"Besides If I can't do good there then I'm not worthy of the effort it took Brahma to give them to me." She says with a shake of her head "To quote a favourite of the Order 'It is not the healthy who need a doctor'"
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Wei Xu Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:38 am

"Parvati, there are so-called "good people" everywhere. And plenty of them need doctors." Xu's voice was calm and reasoned, but also puzzled. "Why stick with the lost causes? Why not go and find some that can still be saved? That seems like the sensible thing to do to me, if you're trying to help people out. You don't serve anyone - either yourself or whatever God you think is looking down on you - by getting yourself killed trying to save something unsaveable."
Wei Xu
Wei Xu

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:58 am

"GodS" she says with only a small smile "Because someone has to. Because there are people in a bad way all over I don't doubt that but there are people there. Comoros, independents even the UIG and the Other corporations, some of them at least. Trying to make the world better according to their principles. Keelung has no one, they're standing alone."

"Why stick with the Lost causes? because no one else will." she says honestly "Not that I entirely accept that it is alost cause. I am a Kshatriya and the battlefield is where my Dharma takes me. To avoid that is to avoid who and what I am."
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Wei Xu Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:06 am

"Some of them might have a few people trying to help, for whatever reason," Xu conceded, tilting his head, "but I'm sure you could find plenty of other places where there's nobody trying to do anything. That aren't in the middle of what's about to be a warzone. I could probably name you a few off the top of my head if you really want to." His voice had livened up, and he was gesturing with hands to emphasise his points. "And if you want to live your life on a battlefield for whatever reason, surely it should be a battlefield that you can win on. Dying nobly in pursuit of some higher cause really doesn't achieve anything more than dying normally."
Wei Xu
Wei Xu

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:14 am

"When the fall is all thats left it matters a great deal." She says clearly quoting something "Not that I'm quite at that point yet. However someone needs to do something in Keelung and it might as well be me. I've started with these people it would be the height of unfairness to abandon them now." She says.

"I don't like abandoning projects or people once I've started." she adds.
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Wei Xu Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:32 am

"Of course not," Xu replied, waving a hand. "But sometimes it's necessary for your own survival. Other people are going to look out for their own survival, but nobody else is going to be looking out for you. Not every cause can be stuck with to the bitter end. In fact, most causes that get treated like that tend to end up grinding people to death between them. The only workable solution, I find, is not to get caught up in causes at all. You've got to be prepared to jump ship, or to go down with it. And as I've said," he finished, shrugging, "going down helps nobody. It might even damage your cause - remove the protection they were counting on."
Wei Xu
Wei Xu

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:37 am

She smiles "This is where Faith is needed. No man is an island, if everyone believed that one should only look out for oneself it would be a dark and desperate world, even more so than it is already." She says. "I have faith in Lord Vishnu that he will help me make my way through dark places."

"Besides if people are not helped here, if the bullies are not stopped here. Then who is to say they won't try again where ever we go to." she says "First they came for the Unionists..."
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Wei Xu Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:44 am

Xu smiled, although it was a smile without any mirth in it. "Parvati, I've seen places where everyone looks out only for themselves. I know how dark and desperate they are. But I also know that if you don't look out for yourself, you end up in a gutter somewhere with a knife in your back, regardless of how much faith you have. And sure, the bullies will carry on. That's why you pick your battles. Don't waste your strength trying to win battles that are unwinnable. Pull back, accept some losses. That way, you can fight better when they arrive at your position." He shrugged. "Simple strategy."
Wei Xu
Wei Xu

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:50 am

"Sometimes the battle has to be fought even if you know it will be lost" She says with a shake of her head "Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness." she offers. "I don't think my time is wasted in Keelung, dangerous though it is. I find my victory in every child who smiles because I am there who wouldn't have if I wasn't and in every adult who thanks me for my work and in the fact that slowly they are accepting me, letting me be part of their community even in these dark hours."
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Wei Xu Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:58 am

Slowly, Xu shook his head. "Personally, I don't think there's any battle that "has" to be fought. Especially if you know you'll lose. Still, I can't exactly stop you from spending your time in Keelung. But I will say this." He fixed her with an unusually serious stare.

"Don't invest everything into it. Remember how dangerous it is, and prepare yourself for losing it. If you pin all your hopes onto one thing, the failure can crush you. And something like this has altogether too high a chance of failure for my liking."
Wei Xu
Wei Xu

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:04 am

"When we come across demons they have to be opposed. There's far too much evil in the world for good people to allow it to be unopposed, all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." she says "I know its dangerous, I know that I open myself up for pain and loss but thats the cost of living in the world. No matter where you are if you open yourself to another you risk being crushed."

"Its not whether you win or lose, one has to learn to treat those two imposters just the same." She says with a smile "I can face myself if things go badly, I wouldn't be able to face myself if I didn't actually even try."
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Wei Xu Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:17 am

"Well, it's your choice." Xu's voice was distinctly unconvinced. "But remember what I said. Because I suspect that you're going to take it quite a bit harder if you meet disaster than triumph. And if you need further assistance, the mercs are still available for hire. Though I'm afraid prices have gone up a bit."
Wei Xu
Wei Xu

Back to top Go down

Post  Parvati Comoros Sharma Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:25 am

She smiles and shakes her head. "I hope that it doesn't come to a fight. If we're lucky. but its good to know that you're out there." She says with a faint smile "But I didn't come all the way out here just to argue with you about the situation in Keelung and my personal theological beliefs."

"Or is hospital just that boring?" she offers in jest.
Parvati Comoros Sharma
Parvati Comoros Sharma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next